Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Sad but true, we as a nation are really becomg devoid of any kind of classyness at all.
    This is correct. On my way to work this morning I saw a bloke urinating into a public fountain that also exists as some sort of memorial. And before I left I found myself eating a bowl of honey nut Shreddies whilst watching MILF horror show Lorraine Kelly talking to some toothless pregnant cretin who got booted off X Factor because she was due to unleash another ritalin-gobbling pest onto society during the live shows in November.

Comment

Theres so much of that kind of **** going on down here too Big Seany, but I suppose my rant might change the subject of the thread so I wont bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Sad but true, we as a nation are really becomg devoid of any kind of classyness at all.
        "Becoming"?

Comment

Yes, I believe all is not yet lost. I have two children and I'd like to think there is hope.

Comment

Well as expected, this is pure trash TV.

Trevor says right at the start "Is this so called evidence reliable" - so we know where this is heading ...

edit - and as expected, it was an utter farce.
            Last edited by MartyG; 17-09-2007, 19:28.

Comment

Glad I didn't bother wasting my time with it then!

Comment

SPeaking of ITN's gutter press style of hype, did anyone see the 6.30 news tonight?
                They're doing a week long section on Mugabe's rule of Zimbabwe & how people are suffering.
                The reporter meets up with a member of the public who wants to voice his opinion, then the camera zooms in on their hands as they do the 'homey' handshake!!
                How desperatley corny yet trying to look 'cool' can u get!!!

Comment

ITN is everything that I hate about modern day news coverage. It really has got to The Day To Today level of OTT opinion and emotion-led coverage.. "After the break we will tell you want to think!"

Comment

ITN is bad (although Sky News is worse), but I fear the BBC are rapidly following behind them. Their coverage of this story has been 100% tabloid, and completely over the top. Post Hutton they really are a very different, and vastly inferior organisation. Thanks Labour, you really managed to break one of the last remaining great institutions in this country.

Comment

Newsnight ftw.

Comment

that mugagbe thing seems to come up every few months and nothing ever comes from it

just out of curiosty god forbid this would ever happen to anyone here but if your kid went missing what would you do ?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Well as expected, this is pure trash TV.

Trevor says right at the start "Is this so called evidence reliable" - so we know where this is heading ...

edit - and as expected, it was an utter farce.
                          Why? And be honest now, do you say that because it wasn't balanced, or do you say it simply because they seem to be heading away from what popular opinion (GUILTY! BURN THEM!) is at the moment? If it was half an hour about how damning the evidence was and how they probably did it, would you be so offended, with it going along with what you assume to be true?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                            Why? And be honest now, do you say that because it wasn't balanced, or do you say it simply because they seem to be heading away from what popular opinion (GUILTY! BURN THEM!) is at the moment.......
                            From what I saw they had a dog that proved it could sniff blood. All the damning evidence we were shown. We then had 25mins of dogs are not machines and are not 100%. Followed by a top forensic expert arguing against the so called evidence. Followed by all the family and friends saying they were great. Followed by the find maddie advert. Hardly balanced.

The forensic guy was IMO sh!te. His damning evidence was that he put glitter on his hand rubbed a teddy passed it to the reporter who rubbed it in the car boot. The forensic guy then used a microscope to show up the transfered glitter proving you didnt have to be in the boot to show up there. Great, how scientific. The fact that the forensic guy himself then used the micorscope so even with my limited knowledge presented total contamination made this a pointless exercise.

That said the dog was **** hot!

Comment

I take it there aren't any standards for balance which ITN would have broken to show such a one sided programme...?

Then again I guess if there were any such standards, Sky News wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                that mugagbe thing seems to come up every few months and nothing ever comes from it

just out of curiosty god forbid this would ever happen to anyone here but if your kid went missing what would you do ?
                                What you do Steve is act with dignity and class, which is what my friend and his wife did when their daughter got raped and murdered. The only time they went on television was when they had to go to India to appeal as the main suspect fled there after they found the body. I play cricket regularly with this guy and he will speak about stuff if asked, but just handles the whole thing far better than I ever would with an admirable, quiet dignity. I would just want to go killing someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X