No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnIOn my way home now. The bus suspension isn't doing me any favours!!

Comment

Don't sit over the wheels! Hope you feel better

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
        Just getting over swine flu! Yes real swine flu, not "man flu" was in hospital and diagnosed etc.... Hasnt been fun, i dont recommend it! think of proper flu x 10. been off since saturday, hoping to be back at work on monday.
        You may end up being the lucky one!

Check this out:
        As the White House meets with state representatives to discuss preparations for the autumn flu season, the pandemic is intensifying in the other parts of the globe

In the northern hemisphere, swine flu also dominates: more than 98 per cent of flu cases genotyped in the US in late June were caused by the pandemic virus. This is to be expected. While seasonal flu viruses normally die out in the summer, the pandemic virus has the advantage that few people have any immunity to it.

In Australia, the state of Victoria, the hardest hit so far, reported this week that swine H1N1 now accounts for 99 per cent of all flu cases. It is a similar story in South America. In Chile, swine H1N1 is also outrunning the seasonal virus. "Ninety-eight per cent of the flu cases we have now are caused by H1N1," Chile's under-secretary of public health, Jeanette Vega, told a pandemic summit in Cancún, Mexico, last week. "The seasonal vaccine is useless."

Comment

It sounds like swine flu is going to infect a large portion of the country. It's not really something to get too worried, it's actually less fatal than regular flu.

Comment

My wife's been diagnosed with Chronic sinusitis or swine flu (what a great GP!). TOld to stay at home for a week and rest.

Comment

I was told that if it's swine flu, they'd take a swab and "qaurantine" the entire household pending the confimation.

Comment

that was a few weeks ago, the virus is so widespread now that they are just saying to stay at home until you feel better!! no more swabs or tests! (shame) lol.

Comment

Ah I see! EPIDEMIC!!!!!! FEAR!!!! PANIC!!!!

Yes.

Comment

Someone at my office has just had confirmation he's got it. Given how tiny this place is, seems almost certain everyone here will get it.

meh

Comment

Woke up this morning with my mouth in mega-pain. A massive ulcer has formed above my wisdom tooth, meaning it gets panged whenever I chomp. Where the hell did this come from?? Can't bear this type of skanking, it even hurts to swallow.

Comment

Probably caused by chomping as you sleep ( I used to get loads of ulcers from that) or the wisdom tooth growing out a bit. Gonna have to buy a tube of bonjela (or if you can't stand putting that on, rinstead pastels aren't as effective at numbing but they cause only a fraction of the initial pain)

I've currently got a bit of a cold, mostly showing itself as a sore throat and draining my energy. Bit of a pain, at least swine flu would've given me a few days off and a few days working at home.

Comment

Did you jab yourself with the toothbrush? I used to get ulcers all the time, but since using Aloe Vera toothgel, it's only once every 3 months or so and they don't hurt much.

Comment

I do gnash my teeth a bit in my sleep. I can't remember jabbing myself, but it's not to say it didn't happen.

Urgh I'm going on a beer quaffing afternoon today, hopefully that will dull the pain until I can bonjela it.

Just had a cup of tea - it was a dire experience. Pain, pain then a bit more pain thrown in for good measure. Tried so hard not to swish it over the ulcer-y end of my mouth that I ended up slobbering it down my tea shirt.

Comment

for ulcers there is this amazing stuff i think its for sale at boots

its like a cotton bud thing with some chemicals hurts when put onto the ulcer but then the pain just goes

Comment

I need to change my doctor to one actually near where I live and not one 60miles away where I used to live .. in 1998

They're gonna love it I'm going in with a long list of stuff, awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X