No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I've had this twice before, it's called pericornitis or something. Dentist gave me some tablets and the swelling went down after a few days.

A few days ... sob.

Comment

Stop being such a big girls blouse, eat a bag of salt & vinegar crisps swiftly followed by a bag of chips washed down with a pint of water from the Tyne

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        Yeah. I've had this twice before, it's called pericornitis or something. Dentist gave me some tablets and the swelling went down after a few days.

A few days ... sob.
        Rememeber the less you think about the pain the less it hurts.

So forget all about the Searing hot, throbbing, agony that you are currently experiencing or may experience in the near future if it isn't hurting as you read this!

Comment

I've just been given an authorisation code to go and get medicine for Swine flu.

Great stuff.

Comment

Got some antibiotics off the dentist, and the missus has gone to Asda to get me some toothless-old man meals. Soup, rice, etc. I tried eating 2 slices of dry bread earlier. It took 20 minutes. I'd have to tear off a little bit, soften it up on my tongue, put some water in my mouth, then swallow it whole. Nice. Just can't bite or chew at all. The dentist said it was really nasty down there, and badly infected. No beers for over a week ... sob it gets worse! It's only when you can't do some basic run of the mill thing like chew your food that you realise how much you take things for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              I've just been given an authorisation code to go and get medicine for Swine flu.

Great stuff.

Yup. Ditto. I've had it for 2 days now and deffo feel much better should be my old self by Saturday.

Comment

Pap week puking and last night I had my first fit in ages so great week so far such is life lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post

Great stuff.
                  It's horrible by the way. Was telling someone how it's "no worse than normal flu" but sadly, I was wrong.

Comment

Well my 'bad back' was 1st diagnosed to be a partially slipped disc (pain down 1 leg), but after going back to the physio the 2nd time & telling him I was getting pain in both my legs & loss of feeling in my thighs he has now told me its a completely slipped disc.

I've had these leg pains for about 18-24 months so it looks like I've had a partially slipped disc all this time & just put up with it, & then recently it just got worse when I couldnt get my right leg out of bed.

Been doing some physio back excercises for a while now & bought meself a gym ball.
                    May have to change jobs (yeah right, with the current 100's of jobs available) as I do a lot of heavy lifting & carrying, which I think caused this in the 1st place.

Comment

I'm ****ing sick of my poor skin condition, I'm almost 31 and my skins worse than it was when I was 15, I've tried everything. It's either kill myself or get some medication. *ponder* I hear that nasty rocuattane stuff has been outlawed now because of its side effects, and to be honest I'm a bit embarassed to go to the doctor about it, I'm changing doctors soon as my current one is 60 miles away (never changed it when I moved .. erm .. 10yrs ago), so maybe the new one won't just shrug it off like the old one did. Especially if I mention its life threatening.

\\o

Comment

if it's acne, ask your new doctor about oxytetrecycline. I was put on that and it was incredibly effective. Messed up my liver though and I had to be moved onto something that didn't have any noticeable effect.

That said, just say to your doctor you don't think what you were on was effective and can you try an alternative treatment. Some doctors are very wary/irritated by patients who've done their own research and specifically ask for something.

Comment

ah, ok. You'd think they'd be more sympathetic towards people who did their own research and wanted to know a bit more about what they'd be taking. ^_^.

It seems all these wonder-medications always have a nasty ass side effect. its scary.

Comment

Still got swollen gums over teeth! Medication ftl. Ran out of it now, so have to go back to the dentist to get some more tomorrow. I'm sick of no beers though, so I'm going to have a light session then start them on saturday. Also sick of eating liquidy foods. I want a burger. I want a big sandwich. I want crisps!

Comment

no food no beer make prinnysquad something somthing

Comment

Honestly, it's been agony. Out and about I must have passed a dozen pubs, all with newbie beers in, and I've sat there drinking lemonade. And every day ... soup ... soggy weetabix ... yoghurts ... rice ... aaarrrggghhh!!! This is meant to be my holiday, I half wish I was at work, at least I'd be occupied. Instead of staring longingly into a cupboard full of crisps, and at a four pint polypin full of Sundancer beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X