No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting that Merf - one order placed. Nothing fixes my hay fever for me, apart from one brand of tablet that makes me sleepy by about 2pm! Hence I spend most Summer days sneezing and snotty!

Comment

I don't work for Match tea importers, just wanted to share what worked for me last summer and has again this year.

I really hope it helps you guys too, as a sufferer know we are all willing to give new stuff a go.

Some googling will show this isn't totally loony as there is some link between stuff in the tea and research showing it has some benefit for suffers of the pollen curse. Always hard to know what to make of this reseach though as some people 'prove' Acai berries let you eat nothing but donuts and kebabs and lose weight.

Importaku, the tea isn't soluble so doesn't mix or form a paste,just a suspension, little milk whisk for frothy coffee works a charm and only costs a couple of quid.

even if it doesn't cure the fever of hay its still meant to pretty good for you, stops bum cancer or something like that too.

Comment

I have a really nasty sore throat. Probably the worst I've ever had.

It is literally painful to talk, and everything I try to relieve it (mouthwash, gurgling salt water, throat sweets etc) actually seems to make it worse.

Comment

You need whisky!

Comment

Mildly crappy sore throat here.

Comment

Same here.

Although on the up side it does make me sound like some kind of husky love God. Well, more than usual.

Comment

Yeah, I think something's doing the rounds.

A few weeks back I had a cough that developed into a heavy cold and now this. Since then, I've noticed everyone else is coughing everywhere I go, and my girlfriend even caught it off me.

I've got some Strepsils for the sore throat though, which have helped. I spent the whole day at work sound like Colonel Greenback!

Comment

Last edited by RVTK2DX; 23-06-2021, 12:04.

Comment

Here goes....
                    In Nov 2008 I started getting headaches, eye strain, dizziness, weird 'heavy' ache in left arm & lower leg & sore patches on my legs that would come & go. Went to GP & surprise, surprise "you probably have a virus".
                    This went on for weeks, I remember laying in bed one night feeling like I'd pulled every muscle in my body, so went back to GP & he referred my to neurologist, went back to see different GP, he said"oh yeah, doctor **** referred you because you might have MS", had a complete mental meltdown, waited weeks for MRI scan of my head & neck, waited weeks for follow-up, scan & blood tests ok, said they didn't think I had MS but wanted to do scan of my spine, waited weeks for scan, waited weeks for follow-up, told me scan was ok but test results showed signs that might indicate MS, I said I hadn't had another test, double checked and they had mixed up results, but scan was ok.
                    After months of tests & stress was discharged from neuro dept. with "you probably had a virus, but we don't know".

Fast forward to today, most of the symptoms have gone but am left with the ability to pull a muscle at the drop of a hat, if I sit in the wrong position for slightly too long the back of my head/neck aches which effects my eyes, I can't play fast moving games for long because I struggle to track the movement on screen, I had a panic a few months ago with my throat but looks like its a muscle under my jaw which won't settle down, have the same think with a stomach muscle and one in my foot which seem to be permanently damaged. Sat here now paying for a late night with a headache and feeling dizzy.

I'm not normally one to moan and I know it could be a lot worse but this is really making my dome itch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                      I have a really nasty sore throat. Probably the worst I've ever had.

It is literally painful to talk, and everything I try to relieve it (mouthwash, gurgling salt water, throat sweets etc) actually seems to make it worse.
                      Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                      Same here.

Although on the up side it does make me sound like some kind of husky love God. Well, more than usual.
                      Had the same thing for about 5 days now. Really dry all the time & painful. Really starting to piss me off tbh. I sound like a cross between the girl from the Exorcist & Barry White!

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                        I don't work for Match tea importers, just wanted to share what worked for me last summer and has again this year.

I really hope it helps you guys too, as a sufferer know we are all willing to give new stuff a go.

Some googling will show this isn't totally loony as there is some link between stuff in the tea and research showing it has some benefit for suffers of the pollen curse. Always hard to know what to make of this reseach though as some people 'prove' Acai berries let you eat nothing but donuts and kebabs and lose weight.

Importaku, the tea isn't soluble so doesn't mix or form a paste,just a suspension, little milk whisk for frothy coffee works a charm and only costs a couple of quid.

even if it doesn't cure the fever of hay its still meant to pretty good for you, stops bum cancer or something like that too.
                        Turned up yesterday, myself and the missus tried some in milk with the little whisk. It's an unusual taste, can't say I liked it but I didn't dislike it either. We will see how it goes!

Comment

Dunno if it's an actual illness, but I went a bit OTT with my Remington nose hair thing and now I cannot stop sneezing.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The idea of putting a razor up my nose is rather unsettling, more power to you.

Tis the start of the heyfever season and I thought I had started to come down with it, however it appears to be the start of a mild cold. A rather rubbish way to begin the bank holiday weekend.

Comment

I've not been ill since January 2009 but am currently recovering from severe sunburn. Following a heavy Saturday night with little sleep, come Sunday I fell asleep lying in my garden in the midday sun for four, five hours and woke up looking like a lobster. Later that night I fell into a strange fever and felt like vomitting - something I've since learnt is common when someone gets much too much sun. Could hardly move on Monday without wincing in pain.

It's embarassing really, I've spent long periods of time in very hot countries like Nigeria, Egypt, Israel and Cyprus and fall foul of the sun here in the UK. Stupid.

Comment

Being ill is now starting to pee me off. My raging sore throat has now taken a week to develop into a full blown cold. I'm sitting here making noises like someone whose had a badger shoved up their nose.

What happen to the old style cold virus where your nose started running, you felt crap for two / three days and then started to get better. These new fangled viruses make you feel run down for a week and then, just when you think you're getting on the mend, come and slam the boot in with another round.

Oh and if one more person chortles at me `oh ho ho, man flu is it?`, like they're some sort of magical pillar of strength when ever they're ill, I'm going to push them to the ground and snot all over them.

Comment

Working...
                                X