Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, hotlink fail.
    Last edited by jimmbob; 04-11-2009, 11:54.

Comment

I have a Canadian cold............... its a slow burner this one.......... woke up with a VERY sore throat last Friday and its still here and everyday it gets worse........... random hot and cold flushes, itchy inner ear and slight runny nose, oh and im quite tired..........

Dunno if its slow to manifest because ive been popping pills from teh get go, to get rid of the bast or because i have not stopped trainning, even though i am unwell..........

Either way, i can't stop or i will sit at home gettin depressed and end up completly wiped out...........

I be a soldier, fighting a fruitless cause.............

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
        because i have not stopped trainning, even though i am unwell..........
        Stop training. It stresses your immune system, which is already fighting a war.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
          i was afraid you was gonna say that........... Ok will take the night off and remedy up!

Thanks, I think i just needed someone to tell me what i should do, who wasn't my mother lol....... i think i have a thing where if my Mom says something, i must go against it..........

Stupid juvenile behaviour.........

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            This is good advice that I usually fail to adhere to.

Comment

Got chicken pox Thought I'd managed to dodge getting it from my Son, but I guess not!

Comment

Contracted the swine flu. Oh my god it really is horrendous. I actually feel so unbelievable bad I can barely relax or sleep for 5 mins.
                Combined with my Crohns disease it had totally wiped me out.

Comment

not quite an illness but thought I'd share an inadvertant home cure I discovered by accident last year for hayfever.

suffered moderately with this since childhood and done all the usual array of sprays, pills, eyedrops etc to find the ones that worked for me.

last year as part of a general health kick I started drinking japanese matcha green tea every morning, noticed it had an almost instant effect on hayfever symptoms, stopped taking any medication and a shot of this every morning and it keeps everything away on all but the worst days.

some further reading showed there is some science in there and a medical link between matcha tea and relief has been found and researched.

doesn't work with green tea bags, you have to ingest the whole leaf in matcha.

I know from my own experience that with hayfever what works for one person doesn't for another, all I can say is this works for me and I'd rather take this than stick chemicals in me. I get my matcha of Tea Pigs, who do a nice line in other tea too if that takes your fancy (their white tea is very nice)

Comment

Can you tell me more about this please Merf? Do you just put the stuff in a cup with hot water and drink or do you properly prepare it? I hate taking tablets for hayfever as they usually make me drowsy or slow.

Comment

the tea comes in powdered form, its basically the whole leaf ground up, its not simply eating green tea from a bag though, Matcha is a specific type of japanese tea. I believe it can be got in tablet form too.

I prepare it either as a longer drink in hot water or mix it into a shot of milk. the ground tea isn't water soluble, its just forms a suspension and you drink the whole thing, no straining out the powder !

I find the milk and powder more palatable as the powder bonds to the cream/fat in the milk (I use semi-skim), in water if you leave it all the tea will eventually settle out.

I didn't buy it as a hayfever cure, Matcha is meant to have many healthy benefits, I just noticed that it almost instantly kills my symptoms as soon as I feel them.

just been out and now cycled 15miles in the country without a sneeze, snuffle or eye rub.

I know hayfever is odd though and what works for one has no effect at all on somebody else.

Matcha isn't cheap either, months worth is about £25. it is though totally pure and apparently a superfood amongst superfoods !

Comment

I've had 'swimmers ear' for over a month, its just the feeling of a blocked ear after getting too much water in it from the shower. Thing is its not painful or anything any more and I've been prescribed antibiotic ear drops (which do bugger all), but I've had this ringing in my ear for about 3 weeks now, its driving me absolutely mental and I have no idea what I can do about it except go back and ask the Doctor I guess, tell him the ear drops did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                          the tea comes in powdered form, its basically the whole leaf ground up, its not simply eating green tea from a bag though, Matcha is a specific type of japanese tea. I believe it can be got in tablet form too.

I prepare it either as a longer drink in hot water or mix it into a shot of milk. the ground tea isn't water soluble, its just forms a suspension and you drink the whole thing, no straining out the powder !

I find the milk and powder more palatable as the powder bonds to the cream/fat in the milk (I use semi-skim), in water if you leave it all the tea will eventually settle out.

I didn't buy it as a hayfever cure, Matcha is meant to have many healthy benefits, I just noticed that it almost instantly kills my symptoms as soon as I feel them.

just been out and now cycled 15miles in the country without a sneeze, snuffle or eye rub.

I know hayfever is odd though and what works for one has no effect at all on somebody else.

Matcha isn't cheap either, months worth is about ?25. it is though totally pure and apparently a superfood amongst superfoods !
                          Many thanks, I will order some from teapigs.

Comment

hope it works for you vanpeebles

you will need something to mix it in with, spoon doesn't work. I use one of those tiny little battery powered cappacino whisk things for milk frothing.

its the consistency of talk and not soluble, so will clump if you try to mix with a spoon !

Comment

Have you tried adding a tiny bit of milk to the powder & mixing it into a paste to get it wet then adding the rest of the milk?

Usually with fine powders you can get it to mix better that way.

Comment

What kind of witchcraft is this? Burn, Goody Merf.

Over the next few weeks I'll be sledgehammered by the hayfevers, so I may give these potions a go.

Comment

Working...
                                X