Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
    Whatever happens and whichever type I have it seems that I'm going to need to make some serious lifestyle changes to help combat the onset but all the changes are positive changes anyway. Although things need to change and it's not going to be easy to make all those changes I know that if I am able to control the retinopathy then I'll be healthier person because of the problem.
    Well at least it is being sorted out and dealt with, I know with Diabetic Retinopathy, it is monitored every year and the level of retinopathy is graded, it's only when it reaches a certain grade that they actually act upon it.
    It's probably a similar thing with the different kinds of retinopathy, but I guess the main thing to to keep under control whatever is causing it in the first place and hopefully with the correct care, treatment and lifestyle changes it can be controlled and not get any worse.

If you would like me to find out any more information for you (I work for an Opticians and several of my friends are optometrists) then I can find out a little more information for you.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 04-12-2010, 22:36.

Comment

Thanks, wouldn't do any harm to find out. I know I'll find out everything I need to know soon enough but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
      Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      I demand that you keep your eye's in tip-top shape John!

I must admit I enjoy your enthusiasm of film and read with interest your reviews (mainly of films I would never probably watch tho', I admit ).

Keep your chin up and I wish you good health.
      Feller, you don't know what you're missing out on there!

I'll let you into a secret though, I often watch films which I think I won't enjoy purely for the fact that I think I'm not going to enjoy them. It's a hell of a nice feeling when I surprise myself by really enjoying something that I was convinced I wasn't going to.

Comment

John you don't like Star Wars so we can never be lovers however I hope all turns out ok with the eyes fella I really do. Look after yourself man.

Comment

Thanks Neil!

Pfft, my vision going would be the only chance you'd have of that happening anyway.

It's not that I don't like Star Wars it's more that I don't understand the undying love people have for the films. I saw them all quite late and so many people I knew had really been positive about the films and when I watched them they really didn't stand up as being anywhere near what was sold to me.

There are things that it did which no other films had done before though and Ben Burtt does amazing things with the audio design.

Comment

It's all the nostalgia for me that goes with the films that makes them great.
            Queueing with my dad outside the cinema, getting the toys for Christmas and having lightsaber battles in the dark with my friends.
            I seriously think I have seen the original over 100 times and pretty much know every line! Sad eh?

Comment

I don't think there's anything sad about that, I think that's exactly what I'm missing from the films to be honest. I've watched them a few times myself and the more I watch them the further I move away from my initial disappointment in the films.

Anyway, enough about films. Anybody ill?

Comment

I'm high as a kite on painkillers if that counts!?

Comment

Uhh, I came back from New York a couple of weeks ago with a sore throat and it has manifested into a roaring cough which has stopped me having a decent nights kip all last week........ Coughing up all shades of green lumpy stuff......... Not nice

Started getting a headache on Saturday from all the coughing as it began to make the muscles round my head tighten up. Not been very well at all......... Other than Lemsip, I dunno what else to take. The Buttercup cough syrup doesnt seem to work.

Jus hope I can soldier on till Christmas, as I have a shed load of work to do before i...

112 :/

Comment

I'm cold, bored and generally fed up with everything. I think I have SAD. You know, seasonal a-something disorder. Is that an illness? Or maybe it's not me. Maybe it's just that life is a bit crap. That's actually more likely.

I went to the toilet the other day just for something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                      Other than Lemsip, I dunno what else to take.
                      Whisky.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I'm cold, bored and generally fed up with everything. I think I have SAD. You know, seasonal a-something disorder. Is that an illness? Or maybe it's not me. Maybe it's just that life is a bit crap. That's actually more likely.

I went to the toilet the other day just for something to do.
                      Are you depressed?
                      May be worth a trip to the doctors and he'll give you Dr. Ivan Goldberg's depression test. Don't be embarassed about it dude get some help if you feel down.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                        May be worth a trip to the doctors and he'll give you Dr. Ivan Goldberg's depression test.
                        Won't Ivan Goldberg need it?

Comment

Won't Ivan Goldberg need it?

Comment

Googled it and did an online version. I scored 56! I rock! That's, like, a high score. Well that's cheered me up. They should release this on the DS.

Comment

Googled it and did an online version. I scored 56! I rock! That's, like, a high score. Well that's cheered me up. They should release this on the DS.
                              LOL you're just a miserable sod then
                              Edit

Just did the test myself and realised what you meant by 56 it's crazy high mate.

Did you do that seriously?
                              Last edited by Neil; 06-12-2010, 10:08.

Comment

Well it says anything above 54 is 'severe depression'. Probably not a good sign. Still, 56 eh? Top marks.

Edit: Yeah, did it seriously. Wouldn't be too alarmed. That time of year, I think, and work is in a bit of a void at the moment - I'm never great without deadlines looming over me.
                                Last edited by Dogg Thang; 06-12-2010, 10:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X