No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear your home. Get stuck into that games and take it easy dude!

Comment

6 weeks ill now. My ear may be infected as it hurts and it is constantly ringing for nearly two days. I can't really blow my nose at all, even gently as it makes it pop. What with my crohns disease as well, I am physically and mentally exhausted. I spent most of today in bed and probably wont sleep tonight now.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        6 weeks ill now. My ear may be infected as it hurts and it is constantly ringing for nearly two days. I can't really blow my nose at all, even gently as it makes it pop. What with my crohns disease as well, I am physically and mentally exhausted. I spent most of today in bed and probably wont sleep tonight now.
        Whatever you do do not accept a fluroquinlone antibiotic for the infection if you can help it they can be really dangerous, I was offered them for a persistent ear infection a couple of years ago and luckily I did not need them. I googled the tablets I was given afterwards and nearly crapped myself count myself so lucky I never took one

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Ohh Crohns disease, my girlfriend has that too. You had anything done surgically yet?

I was speaking to the guy fitting our kitchen last week and he is resistant to pain relief. An operation with no morphine afterwards must be horrible.

Comment

They are usually good with giving my medicine due to my serious medical history.

Fader, had an operation in dec 1999 to remove my large bowel and around half of my intestines. Touch wood I have been in good shape since, mainly due to a good diet but something like what I have now can be problematic.

Comment

Christ I thought I had it bad with bad IBS and intolerance that can occasionally cause a paralysed colon, that's nowt compared to yours Martin, think I'll shut up and hide in a corner

Comment

It's not so bad, there is always someone worse off than me I tell myself. Plus it is all relative to each person. Yes I have had some very rough times. 1999 was a shocking year for me where I went down to 6 stone and they couldn't find out what was wrong. I was literally wasting away and my days looked numbered. On the other hand though, having a cough that wont quit can make you feel terrible and in many ways and you can only know your own experiences.

This last 6 weeks have been the worst I have felt since then and I have had nothing more than a bit of flu. Problem is that it wont go away and the constant ear ringing is something of a worry for me, I hope it goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                  Christ I thought I had it bad with bad IBS and intolerance that can occasionally cause a paralysed colon, that's nowt compared to yours Martin, think I'll shut up and hide in a corner
                  A fellow IBS sufferer! Is there anything you have found that calms yours down at all? Aside from Immodium when things get bad and you need a quick fix.

Comment

Take care Nakamura and get well soon buddy, some of u as beside you and thinking of u. Sorry what u been thru and I understand the get on with it attitude but at times it can be well in a word meh lol. Just get yourself better x

Comment

Thanks Dazzyman, back to work today so on the recovery road!

Ear still ringing but at least I feel much better! Hope you are ok too pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                        A fellow IBS sufferer! Is there anything you have found that calms yours down at all? Aside from Immodium when things get bad and you need a quick fix.
                        Mebeverine hydrochloride 135mg or Colofac (OTC) I would get a script though mine is weird it's more in my side than abdomen (I'm weird I know) like it swells and bruises an hurts to touch, mine is a hell of a lot better since I started making my own bread (by hand) I use a gluten free flour so maybe I don't agree with processed or gluten laden stuff. Not happy at the mo think I may have a bout of strep throat on the horizon my throat started hurting at about 4pm and I have been noshing mini milks ever since
                        Last edited by ETC; 20-03-2012, 21:40.

Comment

Good to hear buddy, keep me updated and if ever u want a ear to bend always about

Comment

Balls, I have tonsillitis and a nasty bit of Peritonstillis (10 days of antibiotics at the tiny rate of 8 a ******* day)

Comment

Got a really bad hangover, however, some wine has rectified this

Comment

Had a consultation with the consultant to review my MRI and CT scan of my thigh. They've decided it's a benign tumour inside my thigh bone and it must of grown and is putting pressure on my bone, causing it to ache all the time.

Looks like I've just got to put up with it and get it review annually. blah

Comment

Working...
                                X