Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuBiQ View Post
    wait till you get to the next stage of IBS, aka Crohns Disease.

I had part of my small intestine removed in 2004, 13 feet infact, was off my feet for 3 months.. before that i was pissing 15/20 times a day easy, now my bladders more like a Camels..

Fairly Injury free atm..
    I'm in that club too mate, two ops so far on the old guts, fingers crossed no more to come!

Comment

****ing hell.. It reads like a hospital waiting list here. Apart from a hyper extended shoulder and torn cartilege I'm mostly ok. Although my immune system is ****e after having Bronchitis at 14. SPeaking of which eating HUGE amounts of fruit helps the old immune system immensely.

I'd also recommend a full course of Shiatsu if you can afford it (or get it on the NHS). Takes a while to feel the benefit, and you can feel pretty **** to begin with but after a while it works wonders.

Finally, my missus works with snotty germ ridden toddlers all day all week and doesn't catch a bloody thing. How does that work????

Comment

I serve those snotty kids dinners each day at school at my part time job. I never catch a thing, either. To be honest though, I generally resist almost everything that is thrown at me, when everyone else is ill, I'm fine, something has to be really bad to knock me down. In the entire time I've been at uni, 2yrs now, I've only been ill once. I did get nits off of the disgusting bearded fat geeky twats at my uni once but that doesnt really count as an illness, lol.

Comment

I slipped a disc about 4 years ago and have had lower lumbar problems ever since, pretty much cursed with sciatica now, some days/weeks it's not a problem then weeks like this week I'm off work and I'm (for want of a better phrase) ****ed.

Anyone who has suffered from any kind of back pain would agree with me : TREAT YOUR BACK WITH RESPECT, it's very very hard to mend.

MadWindy is back in the UK at the moment, got Salmanela out in Cyprus and through it has gotten reactive arthritis in his knees...looks very painful.

Comment

Did this playing 5 a side this arvo
            Attached Files

Comment

Ouch! Get better soon

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG View Post
                Ouch! Get better soon
                I hope I do mate, can't afford the time off work.

Thinking of taking legal action against the place I was playing at simply due to the fact the pitch side fencing is unsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
                  Did this playing 5 a side this arvo
                  Tis but a scratch

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth C View Post
                    I had to stop taking diclofenac though as I reacted badly to it...makes me feel like my throat has been attacked with a cheese grater.
                    Ha! You're lucky - it made me **** blood.

So anyway, I am currently on amoxycilin and cocodamol for a recent wisdom tooth extraction. I'm also having a whole caboodle of hospital visits to try to find out what the hell is wrong with my down belows, which are variously causing me the squits, pains in nutsack, prostate pain/spasms , severe abdominal pains etc. etc.

As far as I can tell, they don't have a clue at the moment. Have had umpteen urine/blood tests, ultrasound, some other scan, a few X-rays (which showed that I had a bazillion tiny kidney stones .. so am seeing a consultant about that too) - and this week I get to go for another blood test and an abdominal ultrasound. Oh yeah, and I had a flexible cystoscopy too. One of the most embarassing and disgusting medical procedures I've had the pleasure of undergoing.

Comment

Got bitten by something last Tuesday and half my left hand was swollen for a few days.

Comment

Just recovering from tonsilitis - Good times!

Comment

Nothing wrong with me at the moment - touch wood. Might end up with alcohol poisoning on friday, mind.

Comment

Oh yeah, and I had a flexible cystoscopy too. One of the most embarassing and disgusting medical procedures I've had the pleasure of undergoing.
                            I had that last month. Absolutely horrible. Never, ever again........

Comment

Slightly better pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by babs

Last year I found a lump in my nutsack, which freaked me out good and proper. It turned out to be something called a Scrotalith (sounds to me like a giant stone bollock put in place by druids) which is like a calcium deposit.
                                lol this had me in stitches (again)

Comment

Working...
                                X