Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Did you drink pints?
    Magus - yes as I had that in the pub while I was waiting for the bus to take us to Corbridge.

At the festival - as with most - you get a half pint glass. So no. I did however have 2 lots of Well Blathered and Westoe as they were so tasty. I had the second helpings at the end though as by then my taste buds were gone and I wouldn't have benefitted from trying more new ones.
    The biggest disppointment of the night was going to try a beer in honour of VP only to find the punters had drunk the barrel dry.
    The beer?
    Old SCATness!! (bee ba ba ba da bowp)

Comment

ET - Bacardi Breezers. Whats wrong with you!!

I stuck mostly to Youngs last night. Had a few pints of Waggledance, a pint or two of Pedigree and a few pints of Young's Best - which was beautiful.

Feel rough this morning (err, afternoon!) but mostly because I didn't get to bed till late.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
        ET - Bacardi Breezers. Whats wrong with you!!

I actually quite liked them...

*runs*

Going to the Cherry Tree tonight as there is a sampling session from a local brewer (about 3 or 4 I think) so that is my plans for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post

I actually quite liked them...
          Any old line to impress the birds...

Comment

*is fine this morning*

I will do a brief write-up later as I'm going for my first jog in three weeks(!)

Wish me luck...

Comment

Visiting the parents at the moment. They have a nice village pub that sells a few ales. Last night sampled a Purity Brewing Company Ubu. Very nice. Apparently the worcestershire beer of the year. Or was it warwickshire. I forget.

Anyway a solid 9/10.

Comment

Brought a couple of polypin tubs of the cider produced at my parents local farm back with me. Tucking into that at the moment. Very very dry, very very tasty

How I didn't have a hangover this morning I don't know. In addition to the Ubu I've already reviewed I had a Hook Norton Hooky Bitter (6/10), a Flowers IPA (6/10), a bottle of wine and 3 pints of cider. Grape. Grain. Apple. By rights I should have been zombified but in actuallity I woke up with a real spring in my step!

Comment

It was my Uncles 50th Birthday yesterday and we all went to the Fat Cat pub. I had three pints of Guinness and four pints of two different kind of Cider.

A lovely evening indeed; photos to come soon!

Comment

At the cricket yesterday, Marston's Smooth (3.6%?). On the little flicky tap thing, not a proper real ale, but a million times better than the similar dross like Tetley's. A heady 7/10 - it was tasty despite its origins.

Comment

Just had a bottled Woodfordes Wherry. Bottle conditioned. Beautiful. One of my favourite session beers - I could quite happily drink the whole case.

9/10

Burton Bridge Porton (from the bottle) - 9/10 another given really. Its another of my favourite beers.

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout - only 5% but by god a strong taste. Enough to put hairs on your chest. 8/10.
                      Last edited by Ish; 18-06-2007, 20:23.

Comment

Morrions supermarket are doing Brakspear's Best Bitter for a pound a bottle.

That's just dirty.

Comment

Going on a pub crawl in Woodbridge tonight.

The Red Lion, The Kings Head, The Cross then finish off at The Cherry Tree (my favourite!) so it should be quite nice especially considering I got paid today.

Comment

No wuss drinks allowed!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              No wuss drinks allowed!
                              Well, there are three girls coming along so...

I like Barcardi Breezer and there isn't much that can stop me drinking them unless you come down to Woodbridge and hunt me down in one of the four pubs I'm going to!

I had my dosage of Guinness and Magners yesterday evening so I'm quite flexible with my drinks over the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                                there isn't much that can stop me drinking them unless you come down to Woodbridge and hunt me down in one of the four pubs I'm going to!
                                Quick Prinny, to the Ottermobile - we have work to do!

Comment

Working...
                                X