No announcement yet.

Camra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, was hoping this thread was about Carmen Electra, oh well...

Comment

Anyway....

Had a Black Sheep collection yesterday, four bottles, but forgot what they were called. Excellent stuff, as always

Comment

Man, what a great weekend but holy christmas - two headaches that were coming on like a lighting and thunder storm on Saturday and Sunday morning.

But it was worth it; I had a pint of each (instead of half-pints).

Banks Original Mild
        Black Adder
        Charles Wells Summer Solstic
        Everards Sly Fox
        Fullers ESB
        Jennings Tom Fool
        Mauldons Suffolk Pride
        Mole Trap Bitter
        Adnams Bitter, Broadside, Explorer and Regatta (again!)

I think I had two other blonde looking beer but the names have escaped me so I'm just relying on my poorly written ticks beside each beer in this booklet I have.

I reckon I stopped at some point as the evening went on on Friday so I must have stopped ticking the book hence my headaches...

My stomach is experiencing the first (small) steps of recreating a beer belly.

Terrible really.

Oh and I had the most vile mild beer ever too; disgusting stuff really.

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post

Anyway....

Had a Black Sheep collection yesterday, four bottles, but forgot what they were called. Excellent stuff, as always
          Just buy a cheapo spiral-bound notepad and jot them down. Or record them on your mobby phone, like Plough Boy does (then record them on an Excel spreadsheet - haha). You'll need to get into the ratings club!

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
          Man, what a great weekend but holy christmas - two headaches that were coming on like a lighting and thunder storm on Saturday and Sunday morning.

But it was worth it; I had a pint of each (instead of half-pints).

Banks Original Mild
          Black Adder
          Charles Wells Summer Solstic
          Everards Sly Fox
          Fullers ESB
          Jennings Tom Fool
          Mauldons Suffolk Pride
          Mole Trap Bitter
          Adnams Bitter, Broadside, Explorer and Regatta (again!)

I think I had two other blonde looking beer but the names have escaped me so I'm just relying on my poorly written ticks beside each beer in this booklet I have.

I reckon I stopped at some point as the evening went on on Friday so I must have stopped ticking the book hence my headaches...

Terrible really.

Oh and I had the most vile mild beer ever too; disgusting stuff really.
          Sly Fox, Tom Fool, Mole Trap - ha superb! Oof I bet there was a mole at the counter after that lot
          Don't worry about the real ale belly - it's a badge of honour for the real ale nerd. I most definitely do not have the beginnings of one

PS - kudos for the full pints. I had four halves yesterday afternoon then started to feel really battered in the heat and was sweating like a bollock.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
            Wear it with pride!!

Sounds like a 100% successful weekend to me

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
              Waggledance - 6/10. Not as nice as I remember frankly.
              Heh after the hyper-vomming I couldn't face it for months, and even then I only managed a few tentative drops. It tasted of sick, so my excesses have clearly tainted that beer forever.

Comment

I hate it when that happens. I had an incident with Southern Comfort about 15 years ago and I still can't drink the stuff.

I was going to lay off the ale tonight but, well, I've got these two bottles of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout.

Comment

I hate it when that happens. I had an incident with Southern Comfort about 15 years ago and I still can't drink the stuff.

I was going to lay off the ale tonight but, well, I've got these two bottles of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout.
                  It would be rude not to . Bung them in the fridge then use them to cool down later. Superb.

Comment

I had the most perfect pint of pedigree at lunch time in the new local real ale pub I've been harping on about. I mean really. Perfect. Spot on.

Managed to resist the beer last night but I'm currently enjoying a nice pint of cool London Pride with my dinner and then am going to tuck into the stout.

Comment

Apparently, there is a beer festival tonight in Capel St Mary.

I think I'm going to check it out but I'm gonna keep things steady as I have to be up at 6:30am tomorrow.

Comment

Man you live in the centre of the beer festival universe!

I say go - worry about the consequences later. Several pints later.

Comment

So. The Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. The smell of chocolate when you open the bottle is glorious. It does taste quite chocolatey but not overpowering so - definite chocolate aftertaste however.

I remember now why I used to like this so much. A solid 8/10.

Yum yum yum.

Comment

So you had any 10/10s Ish? I don't think I've ever awarded one. It's the holy grail of real ale. Firestoker is the highest with 9.5 (easily).

Comment

Hmmm. The closest I've come is my friends homebrew - surprising as that may sound. It was based on a Wherry kit but he hadn't his own blend of hops and some other stuff. It was absolutely gorgeous it really was. We drank the best part of the barrel between ourselves in a day. He called it Taylor's Uplift Ale.

He keeps promising to make more but we both know really that he'd get lucky to have it come out so perfect again. Which I think is why he keeps putting it off.

Comment

Hmmm. The closest I've come is my friends homebrew - surprising as that may sound. It was based on a Wherry kit but he hadn't his own blend of hops and some other stuff. It was absolutely gorgeous it really was. We drank the best part of the barrel between ourselves in a day. He called it Taylor's Uplift Ale.

He keeps promising to make more but we both know really that he'd get lucky to have it come out so perfect again. Which I think is why he keeps putting it off.
                                A glorious tale. And the mirror opposite of the homebrew we've had, ain't that right vanpeebles?

Yeah that magical combo might be beyond replication. It may have been a reaction at any time during the brewing process, or a specific amount of yeast, or even an slight impurity, like the powder in Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
                                You should have kept a bottle, like a fine vintage.

Comment

Working...
                                X