Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Ottermobile'

Comment

Aaarrgghhh! I feel your pain. I'll drink a bottle of Fox's Nob tonight in your honour to restore the yin/yang balance.

Comment

In a similar manner to prinnysquad in order to offset your despicable activity this evening ET I may have to drink a bottle of Imperial Stout. It'll blow my head off and give me the black poo of satan in the morning but sometimes as a loyal Camra member you have to do these things.

Comment

Well, I sacked off the Fox's Nob, and indulged in two cans of Cobra. Then I decided to flick through the weird sky channels, like the Gospel Channel, and some dodgy Christian site selling Miracle Spring Water, which apparently cured a woman of Diabetes and cured a bloke who was '5 minutes away from being switched onto life support'. Superb

Er, just to retain my camra-esque credentials, I only sacked off the Nob cos I noticed I had 12 bottles of newbies left - that's exactly 2 friday night's worth. If I drank one, I'd have to have used a stop-gap next friday to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
            Morrions supermarket are doing Brakspear's Best Bitter for a pound a bottle.

That's just dirty.
            Try Morrison's The Best - it's a surprisingly nice beer. Kudos to the Brakspear find - there's potential for serious welching there.

Comment

Good evening for me. Burton Bridge Porter, Woodforde's Wherry and a Burton Bridge Empire IPA - proper old school IPA at 7.5%. Beautiful. Polished that lot off while watching Alien with a mate. Splendid evening.

Oh and the aforementioned Imperial Stout has just been started. The cork removed and I'm letting it breathe
              Last edited by Ish; 21-06-2007, 22:22.

Comment

I didn't do too badly.

I had one beer in each pub except at The Cherry Tree where I kind of broke the trend by having two bottles of Smirfoff Ice in the end.

The Red Lion - Woodforde's Wherry
                The Kings Head - Butcombe Blond
                The Cross - Timothy Taylor Dark Mild
                The Cherry Tree - Smiles Best Bitter

One of my students (he is 9 years old) asked if I was alright this morning because I looked very tired and dopy but I'm alright now; just having a coffee on my break.

Comment

All this talk of Woodford's Wherry.... where can I get some. Don't think I've had a try yet.

I'm just working my way thru Morrison's entire allocation of Brakspear's Best.

At only 3.7% it's rude not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                    I didn't do too badly.

I had one beer in each pub except at The Cherry Tree where I kind of broke the trend by having two bottles of Smirfoff Ice in the end.

The Red Lion - Woodforde's Wherry
                    The Kings Head - Butcombe Blond
                    The Cross - Timothy Taylor Dark Mild
                    The Cherry Tree - Smiles Best Bitter

One of my students (he is 9 years old) asked if I was alright this morning because I looked very tired and dopy but I'm alright now; just having a coffee on my break.
                    This is an admirable effort, all things considered.
                    Hang on...
                    If I had beers, Ish had beers, and you had beers, then there is no yin/yang balance.
                    We've overdosed on yin.
                    good stats!

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                      All this talk of Woodford's Wherry.... where can I get some. Don't think I've had a try yet.
                      Pubs in Norfolk have it. Beer festivals. You can brew your own easily or probably most convenient you can order it online in beautiful bottle conditioned form from here:

Buy online the Biggest selection of World Beers, Cider, Spirits, Wine, etc. Or visit our store in King’s Lynn, the biggest beer shop in Britain! Free delivery.

(great quick service)

Or from Woodforde's themselves:

Great tasting, award-winning beer brewed with passion and pride since 1981. Discover our beer and cyder, order online or get in touch to stock our products.

Its a cracking session beer.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        This is an admirable effort, all things considered.
                        Hang on...
                        If I had beers, Ish had beers, and you had beers, then there is no yin/yang balance.
                        We've overdosed on yin.
                        good stats!
                        Yup we've done well. I am continuing with the yin today. Charles Wells Bombardier and Greene King IPA for lunch and now I'm off to the local for a couple of early evening drinks. Got to go steady tongiht though as I'm driving a van in the morning.

Comment

Oof.

Oxfordshire Ales Marshmellow

St Peter's Best

Dent Breweries Ramsbottom

Timothy Taylor's Havercake

Some other one with a weird name - Roaring Mel or some bloody thing.

Burton's Best

Old Speckled Hen

A hardcore night.

Comment

Popped round to the local for a quick drink last night. They always have two or three guest ales.

First pint: Hop Back Summer Lightning (5.0%). Straw-coloured with a characteristic very fresh hoppy aroma and an excellent long, dry finish. (Description taken from the Ember Inns "Cask Fresh" leaflet).

This was very drinkable. Slid down more smootly than a greasy otter on a teflon slide.

Unfortunately, my second request for a pint of Theakstons Lightfoot Bitter (4.1%) was declined. They had run out. So instead I had a pint of Coach House Cromwells Best (4.0%). A well balanced amber-coloured beer with a smooth clean hoppy finish (Cask Fresh again).

I didn't enjoy this as much as the first but Mrs G (who always has to have a taste) preferred it. It was not unpleasant though.

Finished off with another pint of Hop Back Summer Lightning before wandering home and falling asleep in front of the telly.

Lovely.

Comment

Thanks for recommending the Bridge Empire IPA, Ish. I managed two bottles on top of a few guest bitters...

o.0

Comment

OOF talk about proper skanked. After all those boys, I did a half-Paulos. Insofar as I was in front of the telly, but not asleep. 2.45 I went to bed, after watching the majority of the NHL first round draft pick live on NASN.

Now I just feel ... rank.

Bad guts, lack of sleep, bone dry throat: It's only a matter of time before the badness manifests itself as an Old Speckled Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X