X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol
    Banana Bread (9)
    St Austells Tribute (8?)
    Shepherd Neame Early Bird (8 - VP liked this)
    Marstons Golden Glory (9)
    Cains 2008 (8.5)
    St Peter's Best Bitter (8)
    Dent Brewery Kamikaze (8 - I liked this)
    Oxfordshire Triple B (8)

I think those are right. VP has the book!

Comment

Yeah I've just got in. So many nice beers in this new pub. Hic. Fantastic night. Great beer and great company

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
        But we do tend to wear silly hats and play strange games - a dice game called Perudo usually (also known as Devil's Dice).
        There's 19 5s!

VP liked Early Bird? Doesn't surprise me seeing as I don't. Actually I've looked at my list and noticed that all Shepherd Neame ales are low ranked. I'm obviously not a fan.

I had Fox's Nob and Bombardier Burning Gold last night. Not bad. Both very drinkable without being overly distinctive.

Comment

the best shephed neame is steam ale

Comment

Extra mark for Fox's Nob for the name though - that provides enjoyment on a different level to the beer!

Comment

Plough Boy:

I'll be ordering all your future christmas/birthday presents from this website in future:

Buy online the Biggest selection of World Beers, Cider, Spirits, Wine, etc. Or visit our store in King’s Lynn, the biggest beer shop in Britain! Free delivery.

Comment

Adnams Regatta is so bloody nice.

I had the following (half-pints):

Mauldons Midsummer Gold
                Timothy Taylor Dark Mild
                Hall and Woodhouse River Cottage Stringer (beautiful)
                Bateman Miss Luscious
                Black Sheep Emmerdale
                Hop Back Crop Circle
                Butcombe Blonde
                Adnams Bitter, Broadside, Explorer and Regatta

I had two pints of Guinness to finish the night off.

It was such a good night out but my stomach is disagreeing with me this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                  Adnams Regatta is so bloody nice.

Have I had these?

Mauldons Midsummer Gold No
                  Timothy Taylor Dark Mild No
                  Hall and Woodhouse River Cottage Stringer (beautiful) No
                  Bateman Miss Luscious No
                  Black Sheep Emmerdale Yes
                  Hop Back Crop Circle No
                  Butcombe Blonde Yes
                  Adnams Bitter, Broadside, Explorer and Regatta Yes, Yes, Yes, No
                  See now I'm jealous! That Golden Glory seems to have given me a particularly un-glorious headache this morning

Comment

I was talking to the (rather foxy) barmaid last night and she told me that there is another Beer Festival (although on a smaller scale) 15 minutes down the road this weekend.

I know what I'm doing (again) tonight.

Adnams is bloody lovely isn't it prinnysquad?

Comment

Yes I quite like it. Plough Boy doesn't much, cos he's a mutant from Norwich, so it was his bread and butter down there, like Newcy Brown in the North East . I've always enjoyed Adnams SSB though, and found the others, bar Regatta, which I haven't had, very pleasant!

Comment

oof i nearly scorched armitage shanks off the toilet pan this morning

Comment

Well, the headache's just about gone. Think I'll have to take it easier next time. I've got some class photos of VP and I looking proper dazed and battered from last night

That's the real ale effect!

Comment

Last night I think I drank the following in various quantities:

Black Sheep Emmerdale
                            Cains Dark Mild
                            Marstons Pedigree
                            Something with a green label
                            Something with an orange label
                            Youngs Special

Yum yum yum. I was introducing a friend to real ale for the first time - something which I always enjoy doing. I love doing my old man of beer routine

Likewise I felt pretty rough this morning and engaged in biological warfare in the bathroom. Quick trip to the gym sorted that out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
                              Last night I think I drank the following in various quantities:

Black Sheep Emmerdale
                              Cains Dark Mild
                              Marstons Pedigree
                              Something with a green label
                              Something with an orange label
                              Youngs Special

Yum yum yum. I was introducing a friend to real ale for the first time - something which I always enjoy doing. I love doing my old man of beer routine

Likewise I felt pretty rough this morning and engaged in biological warfare in the bathroom. Quick trip to the gym sorted that out though.
                              lol I started to feel better after working up a sweat cleaning the bathroom. A bit of vigorous Cif-ing seemed to burn away my problems. I hasten to add that the world-class real ale otters this morning had nothing to do with the need to clean the bathroom .

Cains always do odd beers I find. That 2008 last night was made to commemorate Liverpool getting the city of culture award or something, and it sure was the sweetest beer Ive had for ages. I tasted like it was made out of Refresher bars. A bit rank at first but we grew to like it.

Comment

Cider drinking for me today, apart from one bottle of ale - Batemans Victory Ale. Very nice it is as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X