No announcement yet.

Camra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the local for lunch today. Had a Piddle on Holiday followed by a Silver Stallion.

Comment

Hmm. This is a beer thread, dude.

Comment

Ha bloody ha. Skank.

Comment

So give us some reviews, PG. Taste? Colour? Light/heavy? Unique/run of the mill?

Do tell!

Comment

Just had a very nice Cotleigh Dark Ale. Its a 4.8% dark beer. Quite a robust flavour with a nutty finish.

Yum yum.

I think tonight is going to end drunkenly.

Comment

Finished off a Brupaks Fixby Gold last week, had it in the barrel since November. Class, hoppy with a sparkling light touch. A true summer beer, bugger that I got my timing all wrong and had it in the Spring!

Just barrelled a Woodfordes Dark Ale, should be spot on come September.

Fermenting at the moment is a Young's Harvest Pilsner (two kits in one bin, all malt no sugar)

Again, should be ready late September.

No doubt I'll sample both by the start of July though!

Comment

Ooof - not much midweek drinking by the real ale boys.

I sneaked in 'Dragon Fire' last night by JW Lees. Was a little disappointed - easy enough to drink but with no real discernable taste. Mind you at 4.0% maybe I shouldn't be over surprised.

Comment

Just the one bottle of Thwaites Double Century for me last night.

Comment

Speak for yourself Plough Boy - drank a few bottles of the old real ale at poker last night. Had a Pedigree, a London Pride, something in a small bottle from cornwall that a friend picked me up (that was gorgeous and who's name I can't remember), a dark mild who's name escapes me and a St. Peters Stout.

Unfortunately feel rough as a dog this morning!
                    Last edited by Ish; 07-06-2007, 06:53.

Comment

Had a few Badger's Champion Ales last night. A quality brew worth drinking again and again. Quite complex, a little flowery and nutty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                        Finished off a Brupaks Fixby Gold last week, had it in the barrel since November. Class, hoppy with a sparkling light touch. A true summer beer, bugger that I got my timing all wrong and had it in the Spring!

Just barrelled a Woodfordes Dark Ale, should be spot on come September.

Fermenting at the moment is a Young's Harvest Pilsner (two kits in one bin, all malt no sugar)

Again, should be ready late September.

No doubt I'll sample both by the start of July though!
                        Is it possible just to write to a brewery and ask how you go about doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                          Had a few Badger's Champion Ales last night. A quality brew worth drinking again and again. Quite complex, a little flowery and nutty.
                          A legendary beer, one of the first I ever recorded. It got a 9

Counting down the hours til friday night. Ive still got 20-odd beers in the kitchen so I'm going to lucky dip 6 out to take of VP's for another sesh

Comment

I've a got a beer festival on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and next Wednesday evening.

My now flat stomach isn't going to be flat this time next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                              Is it possible just to write to a brewery and ask how you go about doing this?
                              Or go here and get your kit/stuff - http://www.brew-it-yourself.co.uk/index.php

Comment

Home brewing is great!

I've got too kits waiting to be put on at the moment. Job for the weekend.

I recommend starting with a Woodforde's Wherry. You can't go wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X