This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bash View Post
    the Nexus 5 is great but I just bought the B&W P7 headphones to partner with it and the volume set to max is still far too low. You cant really change this without rooting the device and I dont want to do that as then certain apps wont work any longer.

Think I'm gonna these headphones, GODDAMIT!

wouldnt change the handset though, In every other respect its the best phone I've ever had.
    Can you not get a fiio headphone amp?

Comment

I could . . . . . but in this day n age should I really have to?

Comment

Have you tried any other headphones with that phone?

Comment

Just tried P3s on a nexus 5. Fine once the volume limiter was disabled and they have higher impedance than the P7s I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            My mate's N5 died yesterday. Hope yours fares better! Lovely looking devices. Wish they'd add replaceable batteries and SD expansion to the nexus devices.
            SD expansion has never featured on any Nexus device ever and its not likely to either when all Google services are primarily cloud-based.

Comment

My phone contract is up in Feb. Still rocking the Xperia play that I brought 2 years ago on 3. I've had feck all signal for 2 years.

Good thing is that I get a contract discount from work (30% off) so time to start shopping..

Comment

I started looking around yesterday, want something big screened, maybe 6.3" Mega/Z Ultra/Nokia 1520/Fonepad 7" 2

First three on contract are so pricey, wasn't like this two years ago for sure, seems gone are the days of ?27 a month contracts with a decent amount of web/minutes/texts. And the Fonepad is cheap to buy off contract but I've decided that's too big really, mainly due to the bezels - I hardly use the phone for calls, would use bluetooth headset when do though.

Thinking of sticking with my Note II on a rolling monthly contract for a while instead.
                Last edited by VR46; 20-01-2014, 08:46.

Comment

I would like a Nexus 5 or a S4, but it has to be on T-mobile for my discount to work (and brought from the t-mobile store) so looks like it's a non starter - even then it would be more to pay than I pay now, so still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                    I started looking around yesterday, want something big screened, maybe 6.3" Mega/Z Ultra/Nokia 1520/Fonepad 7" 2

First three on contract are so pricey, wasn't like this two years ago for sure, seems gone are the days of ?27 a month contracts with a decent amount of web/minutes/texts. And the Fonepad is cheap to buy off contract but I've decided that's too big really, mainly due to the bezels - I hardly use the phone for calls, would use bluetooth headset when do though.

Thinking of sticking with my Note II on a rolling monthly contract for a while instead.
                    I've worked in Carphone Warehouse for a month and I've yet to sell a single Z Ultra, the thing is bloody hilarious

If you are thinking of upgrading and getting a phablet you can do no better than the Note 3, absolutely fantastic phone, though obviously a little pricier.

Comment

Bezels on the Z Ultra are too large compared to say the 6.3 Mega, have you sold any of them by the way?

Note 3 isn't a massive difference to my Note 2, enough to get me to commit to another two years anyway.

Comment

The Note 3 is a nice spec boost (screen res, processor, camera and ram) but probably not that worth an upgrade from the Note 2.

The only Phablet I've sold is the Note 3.

Comment

Has anyone here had some day to day experience of using a Z Ultra or Nokia 1320, both are at a more sensible price point now ie under ?30 a month. Quite fancy giving Windows Phone a try as am not a big app user etc. but do love a 6" screen or bigger.

Cheers.

Comment

I went for a Iphone 5s on T-Mobile/EE unlimited data, unlimited text, and 500 mins of calls (i Face-time or text mainly so 500 minutes is more than enough), for 27.00 a month, I had to pay ?149 for the phone but...

I will get ?45 back via Quidco making it ?105 for the phone, and a quick trip into CEX netted me ?130 for my 4S so i have a new iphone on a sub ?30 contract and a bit of money in my pocket too, if you don't have a old iphone to sell it works out at an effective monthly cost of ?31.37 which is a lot cheaper than anyone else is doing, Three offered me ?38 a month with unlimited data. and a ?49 handset cost.

its via Buymobiles.co.uk and i have used these a few times i got my phone and sim in less than 24 hours they are super fast.

The catch with Buymobiles is they set you up with two extras which you cant opt out of, free trials of mobile phone insurance, and a gadget helpline subscription, i canceled the direct debit of these straight away as i am aloud to do under the direct debit guarantee.

Comment

My Nexus 5 camera is sometimes giving me random 'can't connect to camera' messages when attempting to use it. Seems like the issue is rife when looking on the net, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. Rebooting the device seems to temporarily bring the camera back.

Anyone else here get this issue?

Comment

My phone's battery is useless. It is a Galaxy S2 with cm10.1 installed ? battery was never great, but cm makes it worse still. I tried to go back to touchwhiz, but found it unbearable. I know you can install custom kernels, but I've never been able to get it to work with cm ? perhaps this is an option?

I would happily stick with this phone if the battery lasted more than a day. My phone is fine if I don't use it, but if I, say, go to London and use maps a bit, it wears down super fast. So I'm thinking of getting another phone.

I want to spend under ?200 and am looking for a phone with ideally at least 8mp camera (i.e. equivalent to SGS2) and good battery life. Android would be ideal, but I'm considering an iPhone 4s (I assume battery life is OK?) Any recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                                X