This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    So, I just "upgraded" the ipad mini to 7. erm.... Is it unfinished? There are dodgy "shadows" or something floating around boxes and generally, it looks like they forgot to finish the colour choice / shading on half of the interface.

It also appears to be very slow. Even flicking between homescreens is slower. What the hell.
    Yeah I updated the father-in-law's iPad mini this morning and I would agree it does seem a bit slower now. Looks surprisingly good on the non retina screen though I did turn on the bold text for him.

Comment

Ohh, Apple have updated the Windows iCloud control panel. You can now sync bookmarks directly between iOS Safari and Windows Chrome and Firefox (before you could just choose Internet Explorer or the defunct Windows version of Safari). I've been waiting ages to be able to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
        There will come a day when somebody files for divorce on the grounds of cruel and intolerable use of the wrong mobile operating system

"The bastard uses iOS, how can I live like that? HOW?"
        . Made me chuckle, nice one.

Comment

Recently got the first of our pre-order bonuses from Jolla , really nice friendly touch the company has:

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            It is a bit daft but Samesung sells loads of different handsets and Apple only sells three models at a time and that only used to account for two form factors. And the current iPhone is still the best selling individual handset so it does look like they are everywhere.

Unfortunately purchase justification exists for all sorts of tech, cars and other shiny objects.
            It's on par to comparing owning an Apple laptop/desktop/workstation to any Windows machine.

Comment

Had loads of Nokia and Ericsson handsets upto the 3GS and stuck with the iPhone since then

3GS - 4 - 5 only get a new one when the contract expires and don't worry about owning the brand new handset

Never had an android phone but an irk of mine is the cheating basts on game centre

My ipad2 is on contract and ends in December so might get a mini to replace this aging beast

My new work phone is a Nokia 115 and it's shockingly pish
              Last edited by buster_broon; 21-09-2013, 19:32.

Comment

My girlfriend's contract is up next month and is after a new phone - any recommendations anyone? Her contract is ?20pm so only low-end smartphones are an option....

Comment

Got my good lady the iPhone 5s. Jesus it's fast. My iPhone 5 never feels sluggish but the 5s is something else. And the finger print scanner is pretty clever. Haven't played with the camera yet.
                  Jealous I don't get a new phone until next year.

Comment

Just updated my iPhone 4 to ios7 and it's not bad after playing around with it after a couple of hours.

Actually thinking of getting a 5s to make full use of ios7 but the cost of the handset for a 32gb is rather a lot.

I was in two minds and was looking at going over to android with a s4 or Htc one.

Looking at buying a sim free handset and pop my 3 sim only contract in it as it looks about 168 pound cheaper after comparing contract deals over 24mth.

What do you guys think forget the 5s and go android I wonder ?

Isn't there a s5 due soon with 64bit processor

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
                      What do you guys think forget the 5s and go android I wonder ?
                      My ex had an iPhone and I couldn't get on with it. Always been an Android fan and you can't really go wrong with the S4 or Xperia Z. As previously mentioned though, the Z has a dreadful battery.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Got my good lady the iPhone 5s. Jesus it's fast. My iPhone 5 never feels sluggish but the 5s is something else. And the finger print scanner is pretty clever. Haven't played with the camera yet.
                        Jealous I don't get a new phone until next year.
                        I think you should buy one.

I mean, it's faster right?

Buy buy buy! Buy one!

lol

Comment

Uuuurgh, this new ios is rank. There are some nice and welcome new features I've seen, but they've ruined some bits of the phone I've always liked. I suppose I'll get used to it. Probably.

Comment

If you're going to go Android, it has to be stock Android for me (Nexus 4 owner currently), so that means either waiting for the Nexus 5 at this point or going for the Google Play editions of the S4 or HTC One which do stock Android.

TouchWiz (Samsung) and Sense (HTC) are rubbish skinned versions of Android which don't see regular OS updates like stock phones because HTC and Samsung obviously want their customers to keep buying new handsets.

Comment

Or you could just root it and put stock on it yourself

Comment

I care much less about having the latest updates than I do about good battery life and plenty of space to store stuff. Touchwiz is just... We'll I don't even think about it. It's just there. I don't even notice it. Also Samsung have a better mail and calendar client than stock android. I probably won't update my os even when it becomes available. Too risky! If it ain't broke...

Comment

Working...
                                X