Royal Mail Strike - Quick Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cHawKso View Post
    Matty, do you how this will affect international items?

Cheers.
    Anything passing through the system will be delayed whether it's going in or out, but the delay going out shouldn't be more than a single working day TBH. Anything that arrives in this country addressed to a UK household will suffer the same delays as any other item, which will be one to four working days depending on how lucky you are (i.e. where it lands, what percentange of staff are on strike in your area etc etc).

The airports were on strike on Monday too so anything in or outbound on that day might have been delayed - though AFAIK it was mainly internal mail flights rather than international ones that were affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      There are talks in progress that after current strike they will call off the following weeks action as a "period of calm" leading up to september...no word of yet as to whether it's agreed but I'm pretty sure it will be agreed and there won't be strikes after saturday up until september.
      Further to this, Royal Mail has made a proposal (though not through negotiations with the Union) to protect one of the allowances being lost as a result of the new working practices or to build it into basic pay, which is a significant step forward.

Comment

well i hope it gets sorted soon

public opinion sways very quickly and the more they are put out the less support you get

even the firemen started to get less sympathy near the end

i would love to be in a union - but in my job a union = mutiny

imagine if somebody started a war with us and we were all picketing alongside the ships in harbour, saying no

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
          Further to this, Royal Mail has made a proposal (though not through negotiations with the Union) to protect one of the allowances being lost as a result of the new working practices or to build it into basic pay, which is a significant step forward.
          Matty, that was offered months ago mate, the union decided to ignore it...

It's protected up to three years, dependant on length of service.

Comment

STRIKES SUSPENDED - Official notification from the Union

****, no Saturday in bed for me then

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
              Anything passing through the system will be delayed whether it's going in or out, but the delay going out shouldn't be more than a single working day TBH. Anything that arrives in this country addressed to a UK household will suffer the same delays as any other item, which will be one to four working days depending on how lucky you are (i.e. where it lands, what percentange of staff are on strike in your area etc etc).

The airports were on strike on Monday too so anything in or outbound on that day might have been delayed - though AFAIK it was mainly internal mail flights rather than international ones that were affected.
              Ok mate cheers, I'll be patient.

Comment

Posted a special delivery which was supposed to be delivered today before 1pm but never appeared.Since the strike was suspended can i make a claim for the cost of the delivery.If so how do i make the claim.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1967 View Post
                  Posted a special delivery which was supposed to be delivered today before 1pm but never appeared.Since the strike was suspended can i make a claim for the cost of the delivery.If so how do i make the claim.
                  08457 740740

Comment

Don't call that number if you want to use weekend and evening calls, try 01752 387093 instead.

Someone here said that I'm not entitled to a claim of Special costs because of strikes, horrible really.

I've since had a laptop go missing, about ten items still haven't arrived and I'm losing money now.

Comment

Good stuff - I hope that you manage to get something sorted - this strike action hasn't been good for anyone, Unions, RM or their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cactuar Cat View Post
                        Don't call that number if you want to use weekend and evening calls, try 01752 387093 instead.

Someone here said that I'm not entitled to a claim of Special costs because of strikes, horrible really.

I've since had a laptop go missing, about ten items still haven't arrived and I'm losing money now.
                        I lost a package of dvd's sent to me as well, but the other stuff have turned up/sent fine. Hope it gets sorted soon, as I've been using them for a while now, only had 2 packages lost (1 during the strike and 1 from overseas), considering I buy and sell quite a lot its not too bad......

Comment

I see a postal worker has won the £35.4m Euromillions jackpot then! Wonder if she'll spread the wealth among her fellow (soon to be ex?) workers?

Comment

More strikes commeth:
                            BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Is there any way to opt out of receiving any junk mail? Its a total waste of paper, particularly the stuff that the Royal Mail seem to add in with the normal mail once a week or so.

I wonder if anyone has "done a Kramer" and just refused to receive any mail at all? Online statements for all bills and just couriers for anything you buy online.

Comment

Here you go Ascender:

Firstly, to stop getting the un-addressed junk mail leaflets, go to this page and contact Royal Mail to receive an opt-out form.

Secondly, if you want to stop receiving addressed junk mail, there's a number of things you can do:
                                • Register with the Mailing Preference Service. Companies who engage in direct marketing (i.e. sending you junk mail) are supposed to check their databases against the MPS register and remove its members from their mailing lists. Once registered it can take a few weeks for the change to filter through.
                                Note that you can also do this to de-register the names of previous occupiers to your address, to stop receiving all their junk as well!
                                • Make sure you tick the 'non-disclusure' clause whenever you sign a membership or contract form, create an account with an online retailer etc etc. It's usually hidden in the small print and will often give you the chance to opt out of receiving communications from 'carefully selected' third parties. Some (better) forms will instead ask you tick opt IN rather than OUT so check before you tick.
                                • If you're still receiving junk mail from certain companies after doing all this, call or write them and ask them to remove your name from their mailing list. You have a right as a data subject under the Data Protection Act to do this, and failure to comply with the request could be actionable by a complaint to the Information Commissioner or Advertising Standards Authority.
                                Last edited by MattyD; 11-09-2007, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X