No announcement yet.

Royal Mail Strike - Quick Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my at office up in scotland, we have been starting at 6am for the past couple of years anyways, so this doesnt really affect us monday to friday. Saturday they are changing the time from 5.15 to 6.00 for us, bit of a ****ter this as it really affects the time I will get home for the saturday lunchtime football.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      Any more attacks on anyone (including, but not limited to, slurs aimed at Royal Mail staff in general) and people will find themselves losing their posting privileges, and this thread will be locked.

Don't mean to come over as a twat here, but this is the third thread on the current RM situation if I remember rightly, and I don't want there to have to be a fourth. We all know that people feel aggrieved by the strikes themselves, that does not give anyone the right to have a go at any other member of our forum.

People's lives are being effected by these strikes (whether other people choose to believe that or not) and it's stressful enough for them without reading small-minded comments from folks on here - a place where most people come to get away from all the daily rubbish.

Thanks,
      -Keith.
      Just remember all postal workers have to suffer with all those politics and changes from Royal Mail management. The Union is trying to fight the management and both side are not willing to compromise. So it will be a long battle.

Postmen can only deliver what they have and if the parcel or whatever doesn't reach postmen in local sorting office. They can't do anything about it.

The next 6 months will be hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        October 8th. You'll be getting a letter tomorrow explaining it.
        My mate just phoned me as i've been off. 6:15 here
        I'm just glad my daughter is now full-time at school, feel sorry for all those other buggers that have babies and 2nd jobs.

Comment

Yep, I've got a 2 year old and a 5 month old.

We're ****ed.

Comment

There are blokes in my office who have to cut off every day to pick their kids up from nursery etc so christ only knows how they're going to cope - and I mean the management as well as the parents. Our office can't cover all its deliveries on most days without asking people to work their day off as it is.

Comment

well for the first time in years we have had TWO deliveries of mail today.
              one at 11:30 by the normal postie and just by a temp one(no uniform just a hi vis with RM on it) must have a load of post to clear as we have had recorded items delivered today from monday.

Comment

Must only be a local issue as everything's fine nationally AFAIK. Or they could be training up a n00b by having him shadow the regular guy.

Comment

Sounds like intra mail to be honest, missorts arriving late from outside the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                    Sounds like intra mail to be honest, missorts arriving late from outside the area.
                    well he didn't have a bag just a handful of letters and didn't have a clue where any of the houses were. so didn't seem to be a local guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mt50 View Post
                      well he didn't have a bag just a handful of letters and didn't have a clue where any of the houses were. so didn't seem to be a local guy.
                      I had that the other day, but it turned out to be some random woman from down the road who'd ended up with half the streets post. She was finishing off the round for the postie Knocked on my door too to make sure it was the right house.

Comment

Originally posted by mt50 View Post
                        Might not have been Royal Mail, some other mail companies have started delivering in some areas now as a trial.

Comment

Just to make things clear for those of you who may have read the Halo 3 Headlines thread, there is NO STRIKE ACTION currently scheduled by postal members of the Communications Workers Union.

An announcement on the CWU Homepage is reporting that Royal Mail has invited the union to table a fresh counter-proposal as they are very keen to resolve the dispute. The Union intends to take this offer and is completing the details of its proposal today.

Given the progress made on pay and other key issues during the talks last week, I personally am quite optimistic that some kind of resolution will be reached soon. Please note also that by law a week's notice must be given before any action can take place.

Until then, please rely on the word of a postie forumite or better still the CWU Homepage, rather than certain scare-mongering trolls.
                          Last edited by MattyD; 18-09-2007, 14:31.

Comment

Ta' for clearing that up fella.

Comment

The Microsoft legal team have got to you to eh Matty. The web of lies you just posted can be deciphered by the trained eye.

Basically Matty has been given a gagging order by Microsoft, which prevents him or his colleagues from delivering Halo 3 ever. If they do, they risk being banned from Xbox Live.

Comment

You're half right Jim.

The orders actually came from the Illuminati

Comment

Working...
                                X