No announcement yet.

Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always think of Seikos as really good watches for a sensible price. Spending any more on a watch is a bit daft really. Watchmakers spend all this time and effort trying to make a mechanical watch that's as accurate as one that comes free with a full tank at a garage forecourt.

Like that last one you posted Gllze, and that Haze is pretty nice in the black with the black metal strap. I like that. Not sure about the chrome version though and the less said about the oversized leather bracelet variant the better! Not my taste at all.

Comment

This was last year's Xmas present to myself.
      Last edited by _SD_; 18-11-2012, 23:14.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
        Yes, I have the non date version myself. Would love a few others but I am too much poor

One of these would be most welcome in SuperDans house.

I was speaking to a magazine editor on Friday who had a Monaco. Seemed genuinely surprised that I recognised it too along with the huge crack in the crystal that it had. We got talking about values going up etc etc.

I'm still rocking my Omega Planet Ocean. Use it as a daily wearer and love how it goes under the radar. Regular folks recognise it as a nice watch but have no idea what it is.

Comment

I have to say I do prefer the old Omega to the Rolex, even though Omega whore themselves quite cheaply via Bond product placement.

Comment

This Casio Edifice is down from ?250 to ?62.50 in today's Black Friday deal!

Comment

Re: Watches:What are you wearing?

Looks like a ?50 watch anyway lol

Comment

Yeah, a quick Google later and it looks like most online sellers have it for around ?60 anyway.

I don't think it looks cheap, but I prefer some of the models with digital displays too. I think that's just me though!

Comment

I was being a bit facetious. Looks pretty nice, not over ?100 nice though.

I like some of the digital G-Shocks. Nothing wrong with a Casio but I'd go with their strengths. It's like going to your local pub and ordering Lobster Thermidor. You're gonna be disappointed. Order Pie n Chips though and you'll probably be happy.
                  Last edited by Brad; 19-11-2012, 14:50.

Comment

Ha, nice analogy!

Can you get Lobster Pie anywhere?

Wow, that's pretty off-topic :/

Comment

It's back

Comment

yeah like that.

Is that a bit smaller than normal?

Comment

44mm. Standard Breitling size by the looks of things. Nice piece.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What's normal? lol.

Here it is on my ape-like arm

I've not got big arms so some of the larger watches would swamp me a bit.

Comment

Think someone had one of these earlier

nowt flashy but I like the effect

Polar FT4

Comment

I managed to get a Nixon Insider off eBay, but the analogue hands don't work.

Gutted, because it's a lovely watch. All the information I need is on the digital parts at a glance, but you can turn it off.

Hmmm... just had a quote to have it serviced and it costs more than the watch did!

Comment

Working...
                                X