Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No such thing as a 'safe' drug though is there really?

Comment

Except vitamins.

Comment

Originally posted by Jusatsushi View Post
        Superdrug is safe unless someone knifes you in the queue

Comment

The cashiers carry knives in Croydon store

Comment

Originally posted by Jusatsushi View Post
            You can ever potentially OD on a placebo.

To much Calcium Carbonate is pretty bad for you.

Comment

You can OD on a lot of things, even water...but that is called drowning I guess.

My gfs Grandad ate a lot of tomatoes and the doctors say that was a big cause of him dying - something to do with the acidity levels or something.

Comment

Regarding all the things people in here have said, and some great points have been raised, but the bottom line is, as an adult I know that if I inject something like Herion into myself it probably isn't going to end well.

Comment

That's very true, but don't you ever do things in the full knowledge you're better off not doing them? I know I do, and I don't mean a drug of any sort, I mean little habits, little behavioural quirks like being selfish or apathetic or arrogant, little vices of some sort, I know there's a difference between doing something that will probably kill you and doing something that creates a little bit of regret or guilt, but on some level it's exactly the same, ultimately they both boil down to a weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    I've not known anyone with a true addiction but I have known someone destroy their life through cannabis induced psychosis (very gentle guy, had to be held down by 4 police officers when it happened).

Can I ask what happened to your friend and how he destroyed his life? Didn't he recover from that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                      You can OD on a lot of things, even water...but that is called drowning I guess.
                      You can actually OD on water

Comment

Yup, many of those who die on ecstacy do so because they drink too much water.

Comment

Well they wouldn't of been dead if they hadn't of taken the ecstasy!I'm quite happy for as many recreational drugs to stay as illegal as possible, even if it's only 1% of the people who use said drug irresponsibly , they are still putting themselves and others at risk. I think it's quite right that these risks are minimised

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            That is a shame. She was a lovely girl it seemed before meeting that Blake.

Is it tragic or was it her own fault for getting involved? Tough one really.
                            My thoughts exactly. I believe if she hadnt met Blake then she would still be here today & looking as good & healthy as she did at the beginning of her career. Love is blind, & I think she got way too wrapped up in him & his vices, & ultimatley got sucked into it all from some kind of lovestruck devotion to 'her man'. Thats just the way some ppl are. They give up everything for what they precieve is 'true eternal love'.
                            A lot have said that if it hadnt been for these tragedies in her life then she wouldnt have written such deep music, but that bollox tbh as she had a talent for writing creatively from the heart before she turned into a junkie man in drag.

Real shame about it all, but as has been said it was inevitable.

Doesnt make it any less of a tragedy tho

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                              Well they wouldn't of been dead if they hadn't of taken the ecstasy!I'm quite happy for as many recreational drugs to stay as illegal as possible, even if it's only 1% of the people who use said drug irresponsibly , they are still putting themselves and others at risk. I think it's quite right that these risks are minimised
                              I respect your opinion but am all for dismantling any law that is set up to prevent a person from doing what they want with the one thing they genuinely own - their own body.

Life, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness to my mind means the right to experiment with my own consciousness. It's human nature to set out to explore and discover, and that includes what lies deep in our minds, our ancestors were doing it tens of thousands of years ago, and those of us who wish to continue the odyssey in the privacy of own home should be able to do so without fear of punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                                Well they wouldn't of been dead if they hadn't of taken the ecstasy!
                                Perhaps... but there are certainly many reports of people dying from hyponatremia (which can be caused by consuming too much water) who haven't touched ecstasy, instead doing things such as running in hot weather and over-compensating for what they've lost due to sweating without taking on replacement salts.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X