This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    TTK, the content of your post says it's not up to people to decide who is worse while also saying there is something "wrong" with the people in this thread. While also declaring who is better than the posters. That is the ACTUAL content of your post.
    I've addressed this point. Those people are putting themselves out there to be judged, as I am. Judge me if you want.

Don't judge some random person that's doing nothing at all but missing a singer that they liked. That doesn't make them a lesser class of person than you, which is how people in this thread are acting.

Comment

S'funny, because if you take your own antagonistic posts away from this thread, it's actually a healthy, intelligent and cathartic discussion. Go back 10 pages and try it. Seriously.

Comment

I find myself reminded of that 'leave Britney alone' video. Anyone remember that? Man, they were good times. Oh, remember the Star Wars kid too? I love the Internet.

Well, I think it's sad, personally. She was young, talented and self-destructed. It's a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jusatsushi View Post
          S'funny, because if you take your own antagonistic posts away from this thread, it's actually a healthy, intelligent and cathartic discussion. Go back 10 pages and try it. Seriously.
          Th
          at's so far from the truth that the truth is a mere dot.

Comment

I wouldn't say buying her CD is a sheepish response to her death as I've never bought one of her CD's and still haven't in the wake of her death but I don't mind some of the songs and her death simply piuts her back in my consciousness so Ive thought about a couple of them especially as you hear them so I don't begrudge people picking up her CD or downloading the tracks. Certainly I find the 12yr boys answer to be semi-more sheepish. Nothing tires me more than another preachy praising of 'our boys'. They chose a career and the risks and if they die then it's as much of their own accord. I'd muchthe masses of charity money they raise went to people who didn't place themselves in dangerous situations, it's remarkably hard to get injured by a bomb etc. I can respect them for the difficulty of their job and that they've chosen to put themselves forward for it but there's typically little sympathy after the fact from me. It's like a fire fighter asking for hand outs because he got burnt. Don't do the job if you're not at peace with the dangers.

That sounds too mitigating of Amy though, don't get me wrong, I've no real sympathy there either. There's certainly a heavy dependendecy which almost sealed her fate but the long line of decisions she made before that point mean there's a limit to how much I'd ever lement her passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
              Kernow gets banned
              How did this happen??

Comment

No dots here, I'm drug free. I don't care if it makes you see DNA.

You are clearly an intelligent guy (though probably not quite as much as you think), so I can only imagine you are playing Devil's Advocate here, because you have no agenda. You haven't claimed to be a Winehouse fan but have defended her vehemently, you haven't claimed to feel anything yourself - there's been no outpourings of grief, you have just challenged everyone else's grief or lack of it. I'm not going to go back and dig up quotes because, in all honesty, my dinner is ready. And I'm hungry.

Everyone here knows that there's a word for that. Dress it up how the hell you like, it's still trolling.

I imagine you clicking 'submit post' and highfiving yourself sometimes you know...

Comment

Isn't oxygen like a drug if you breath a lot of it in really deep gasps? I used to like doing that when I was very young, especially when I used to get mates to press on my chest to make me pass out. Top buzz.

Comment

You are clearly an intelligent guy (though probably not quite as much as you think), so I can only imagine you are playing Devil's Advocate here, because you have no agenda. You haven't claimed to be a Winehouse fan but have defended her vehemently, you haven't claimed to feel anything yourself - there's been no outpourings of grief, you have just challenged everyone else's grief or lack of it. I'm not going to go back and dig up quotes because, in all honesty, my dinner is ready. And I'm hungry.
                    For the record, I don't think I'm intelligent, far from it. If I defended Winehouse it's because, yes, I enjoy her music and I've seen how drugs can wreck a person and how difficult it is to help them. Posts in the thread like "it's her own fault" are so inaccurate and offensive as to warrant response.

All I have an issue with is people that think they're better than other people, if I come across as thinking I'm better than other people in my defence of this, then that's because I'm **** at expressing myself, but my point remains, and it's a perfectly good one that everyone chose to ignore to attack me instead.

I imagine you clicking 'submit post' and highfiving yourself sometimes you know...
                    Well there's no-one else here to high-five

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                      Well there's no-one else here to high-five
                      Man, I know that feeling.

*high five!* Anyone? No? Ohh...

Comment

Well I'll high five you both. Bygones and all that. See, tragedy brings us together o/

Comment

Hehe. I liked that. That had me chuckling.

Comment

I didn't have time to properly respond earlier, as you've requested here's the fuller response:

I don't understand why this conversation is even happening, I don't understand what's wrong with some of the people in this thread. There's just so much arrogance.
                            I'd argue that the arrogance point is conjecture here. I will happily point to a number of people who are better than me, wouldn't list Amy Winehouse amongst those though.

Just because you don't care about Amy Winehouse doesn't make you better than everyone else and that's absolutely how you're portraying yourself. If you truly believe that, then that's an utterly horrible attitude.
                            There are exactly 3 people in the world whose opinion of me I care about and I don't try and portray myself in anyway because I don't care what anyone else things of me in the slightest. There's a difference between expressing an opinion and posturing.

Also never claimed that not carrying about Amy Winehouse made me better. I actually criticised those more effected by her death than the tragedy in Norway not because I wanted to put her down but because I thought the link between the two that someone else made was abhorrent and I made the comment in support of other posters who felt the same. My comment was because I felt it disrespected the victims of what had happened in Norway, not to goad Winehouse fans, so actually the exact opposite of what you are accusing people of doing.

If someone wants to remember her music or be upset about the loss then that's their business and theirs alone. It's not up to you to decide that they're a worse person than you just because of where their priorities lie.
                            But they didn't did they, they had to bring Norway into it - I didn't. And of course you can judge people on their priorities, for example if someone cares more about saving 10p on their chocolate bar despite the fact it supports slavery and violence over buying Fairtrade I'll judge away.

I'll admit though that I find people who put the lives of celebrities ahead of the lives of normal people that they don't know both disturbing and dangerous. Human beings need a certain degree of conflict, pain and drama in their lives and if they don't have it many will create it. Poring over events like this in place of the greater tragedy abroad are a fantastic way for people to shield themselves from the real attrocities going on. It gives power to the wrong individuals and is a perfect way to keep our heads in the sand and continue to pretend that everything is all right rather than dealing with the real world problems that exist.

Fact is, they're better people than you can even hope to be, because they've got the decency to not judge people about something so minor as this. Get on with your own lives.
                            I always love the assumption that just because someone gives a critical opinion they somehow aren't getting their own lives and are somehow consumed by this. I don't think there's anything minor about disrespecting nearly 100 people's deaths who never even had a chance to defend themselves by likening it to a that of a single individual who inflicted it on themselves despite all the help in the world.

Comment

I'm back.

Well I'm pleased to see the thread has finished on a sort of positive note.

For the record I had spicy chicken chow mein, sweet and sour king prawn, chips, curry sauce and a nice bottle of wine.

I'm high fiving myself like a mother****er right now.

Together, together I wanna show you my love is oh so true, and all the love I have is especially for you

Last edited by Neil; 26-07-2011, 18:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X