X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Amsterdam is bliss.
    My boss told me a funny story about his trip there back in the early 80's.
    They went to this sex club that had a stage for all to see. The lights went down, & out comes this woman bollock naked. Then came out ths guy, also bollock naked. He stood behind her, got down on all fours, then suddenly this naked midget ran on stage, jumped on the guys back & humped the woman like a jack hammer!!

Comment

What makes people go and buy her albums now? Not interested before but now she's dead she's worth listening to?

Meh on the whole issue, shame for her family though - they've tried to support her through her issues and still have to deal with the worst thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Amsterdam is bliss. It could be doing with a bit of a clean up in certain areas but I think they do a very good job of that. Even the cops are sound, infact, Amsterdam police officers are amongst the nicest and most courteous people I've ever met - and yes, I did have a run in with them one night because of a mate who was absolutely billy bonko (pissed up).

If you want to open your mind to easily the most creative, artistic, and multi-cultured atmosphere I've ever experienced (without even taking anything at all) just walk around that place for a couple of days - it's like being in a Monkey Island game.

I remember seeing two police officers getting well stuck into a guy with a batton in the red light district....

I love the dam - and yes a wonderful place (i've been 6 times), getting very touristy and have see quite a few yobs on the prowl, which have taken the shine of things alittle

Comment

[QUOTE=Dirty Sanchez;1870358]What makes people go and buy her albums now? Not interested before but now she's dead she's worth listening to?

aye, funny that

Comment

Stedelijk Museum
            Van gogh museum
            Anne frank house
            Bierkonnig
            vondelpark
            do a mikes bike tour
            Rookies coffee shop ;-)
            take in an indonesian meal

that should keep you busy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
              What makes people go and buy her albums now? Not interested before but now she's dead she's worth listening to?
              Agreed. Ppl are sheep. Can you imagine how well her new album will sell if its released?

I still think its such a waste tho from what talent was there in the beginning.

I was down the park skating with a few mates yesterday. This 12 yr old was flying around on a scooter. Seemed like he'd had far to many sweeties he was so hyper!.
              He stopped next to me & said: "Amy Winehouse is dead".
              I said: "yeah I know. So whats your opinion on it all then?"

I expected him to tell me how great she was, loved her music, was a legend etc etc, but he said: "it doesnt really matter does it? Soldiers are risking their lives & dying all the time & no one gives a **** about them do they?"

Wise words from a 12 yr old.

Comment

I would imagine people are buying her CDs for various reasons. They like her music and had only DL it previously, replacing lost items, always fancied it but never got around to it and this was the kick they needed, it happens.

Not fair to call them sheep though, not everyone sits thinking deep thoughts about life everyday like some on here.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  Not fair to call them sheep though, not everyone sits thinking deep thoughts about life everyday like some on here.
                  Is that a dig or just sarcasm aimed at me & possibly others?
                  Please explain?
                  Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 26-07-2011, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                    Agreed. Ppl are sheep. Can you imagine how well her new album will sell if its released?

I still think its such a waste tho from what talent was there in the beginning.

I was down the park skating with a few mates yesterday. This 12 yr old was flying around on a scooter. Seemed like he'd had far to many sweeties he was so hyper!.
                    He stopped next to me & said: "Amy Winehouse is dead".
                    I said: "yeah I know. So whats your opinion on it all then?"

I expected him to tell me how great she was, loved her music, was a legend etc etc, but he said: "it doesnt really matter does it? Soldiers are risking their lives & dying all the time & no one gives a **** about them do they?"

Wise words from a 12 yr old.
                    Sounds like he was quoting someone else to me.

Comment

Wise words? Give me strength. Far from 'no one caring' about the soldiers we hear about them constantly, three of them had their own frigging Christmas album.Wine house's death was inevitable but newsworthy as hell, we're all talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                        Is that a dig or just sarcasm aimed at me & possibly others?
                        Please explain?
                        Not meant as a dig or anything like that but this is a place where people do tend to think about things a little more seriously, myself included. Bottom line is though, the majority of people don't spend hours thinking too deeply into things that ultimately are not that important to them.

Comment

suppose it depends on how much you are into her music and see a being a 'musician' as something thats talented enough to be immensely newsworthy (to me, its a bit like the frenzy that footballers attract)

I hate the way anything death thats 'entertainment' related, warrants so much more interest than someone who has really done something amazing.

A fickle public and a profit driven media....
                          Last edited by dvdx2; 26-07-2011, 13:56.

Comment

I don't think it is down to fickle public and all that. People spend hours listening to music or watching sports/tv etc and they become somewhat associated with these people. There is a very loose link somewhere that makes the loss somewhat more personal.

Comment

It's a shame Frankie Boyle isn't on TV at the moment, I'd love to hear his blunt view of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                                Wise words? Give me strength. Far from 'no one caring' about the soldiers we hear about them constantly, three of them had their own frigging Christmas album.Wine house's death was inevitable but newsworthy as hell, we're all talking about it.
                                I think that it was very adult for a boy of 12 to be thinking that there are people who are risking they're lives & getting killed yet dont seem to get anywhere near as much recognition as someone who just threw their life away. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW WHAT HE WAS SAYING?

And my opinion on them being sheep still stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X