X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet shes chased more dragons than St. George

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
      I was referring to the quality of her singing voice. Stop trying to be argumentative for the sake of it.
      I believe the words you used to compare were "painfully artificial". I was merely pointing out the flaw in that comparison.

But I think what you really meant was "stop trying to be right for the sake of it".

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I believe the words you used to compare were "painfully artificial". I was merely pointing out the flaw in that comparison.

But I think what you really meant was "stop trying to be right for the sake of it".
        Grow up.

Comment

I know you were just deflecting with the 'grow up' so that's fine but someone revealing a flaw in your view or offering a differing view is not actually being 'argumentative for the sake of it'. It seems like you feel your views are so fragile.

But moving from Ady back to Winehouse, actually the voice thing has struck me as odd that fewer people comment on that. Given that the Kate Nash girl seemed to get quite a hard time for not having the exact accent she sings in, it seems odd that Winehouse gets away with such a forced American accent in her songs. She sounds like she's doing an impression of someone else, like a Stars in their Eyes contestant, rather than just, you know, singing.

Comment

I know you were just deflecting with the 'grow up' so that's fine but someone revealing a flaw in your view or offering a differing view is not actually being 'argumentative for the sake of it'. It seems like you feel your views are so fragile.
            My god, you really are a very petty little man aren't you? You were being argumentative for the sake of it because you weren't making any real point and seemed to be looking for contention just to try and look clever (in other words, trying to be a smart-arse).

As for fragility, the fact that you feel the need to go out of your way to pick holes and contest something so trivial just to try and prove something suggests that it is your ego that is fragile - particularly as you then followed with some childish quip about being "right".

Anyway, this obviously means a lot to you, so just to make you happy; I'm wrong and you're right. You da man, Dogg Thang. Happy now?

Wow. She looks like a zombie.
            Last edited by Ady; 20-01-2008, 01:34.

Comment

She sounds like she's doing an impression of someone else, like a Stars in their Eyes contestant, rather than just, you know, singing.
              Aye, Billie Holiday. Still an amazing singer though.

Comment

I thought she looked really pretty and attractive in the after shot.

I don't think anorexia is a good thing, I'm just saying what i thought was attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  I thought she looked really pretty and attractive in the after shot.

I don't think anorexia is a good thing, I'm just saying what i thought was attractive.

Each to their own, horses for courses, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent blokes and all that jazz...

Comment

Certainly not to my taste in the after shot but a mate of mine thought the same as you SD so you're not alone

Comment

she is a jowly drug sniffing hound!

Comment

I've just been informed that at a late night movie I saw about 4 years ago (Swingers, btw), Winehouse and her cronies were the annoying girls that were cackling all the way through the screening. Thus giving me a convenient personal vendetta.

Comment

According the radio she is on the front page of the sun today, some seedy camera phone picture of her smoking crack I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                            According the radio she is on the front page of the sun today, some seedy camera phone picture of her smoking crack I believe.
                            The sun have even published the whole video on their webpage.

She is a musical talent, and she needs professional help. I hope she gets it, the world will be a worse place without her music.

Comment

Sun Link
                              Read the comments.

Comment

I really hope there are skanks like this when my daughter reaches the 14 to 18 stage, great role models for how NOT to run your life.

Comment

Working...
                                X