• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, what are you talking about?

Comment

Probably not what I'm thinking of.

Comment

It's a magazine that produces lots of reading material. Like 200 cuts or so as opposed to a low-yield, which is like 15 cuts. 330 cuts is the daily target, so as you can imagine the n00b has now read two high-yields, giving him somewhere in the 400+ region by 1pm. Anything over 330 is paid at double time, so he's doing extremely well for today. I'm only currently at 250-odd, when usually by 12 I'm on about 800. Thursday is the hardest day in terms of hitting figures so I'm not best pleased. Although in saying that as I'm black ops my figures are always doubled, so I'm actually on 500 cuts for today.

I'm a press analyst at the FT by the way if you are confused.
        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 03-05-2007, 12:31.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, go black ops on him. Double your cuts. That's what I'd do.

Or something...

Comment

That job sounds so boring, it would kill me doing something like that. No wonder these big city Laahndon types do loads of coke and kill each other.

Comment

heh, too right

Comment

Yeah, lol. I sit at a cpu doing web design all day (2% actual design, 98% data-entry) and have done for ten years solid. No wonder I'm ****ed.

I can go 72 hrs now without food (and hardly any water). I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Comment

Analysing press is an extremely interesting job. It's very hard work and sometimes I'm in the office for over 10 hours a day, but I enjoy it hugely, and it comes with huge benefits. I've given up coke too, as I killed someone.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    I've given up coke too, as I killed someone.

Care to elaborate?

PS what exactly do you 'analyse' about the magazines you read? I thought you were a proof reader by what you said before...

Comment

Sounds great. Giz a job. I can read, sort of.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post

Care to elaborate?

PS what exactly do you 'analyse' about the magazines you read? I thought you were a proof reader by what you said before...
                        Indeed. Nice T-shirt mask btw.

I don't know where to start really, it's quite difficult to explain my job. I can proof read, and that is how I got into this job originally, but I haven't done that for a long while. I guess I inform companies of how they are being portrayed in the media. That seems the easiest way I can explain it so that others can understand without it going straight over their heads. The next time something particularly interesting arises I shall post so that you can get a better idea of what I do.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

heh, I've done proof reading in a previous job, killed me after a couple of hours.

Anyway, made me chuckle ..

A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when the
                          stranger turned to her and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights
                          go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow
                          passenger. "The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it
                          slowly and said to the stranger, "What would you like to talk about?"
                          "Oh, I don't know", said the stranger. "How about nuclear power?"
                          "OK". she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask
                          you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass, the
                          same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out
                          a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you
                          suppose that is?"

The stranger thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." to
                          which the little girl replies,

"Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't
                          know ****?"

An Australian guy is travelling around the Greek Islands. He walks into a bar
                          and, by chance, is served by an Australian barmaid. As she takes his order, a
                          Foster's, she notices his accent. Over the course of the evening they get
                          chatting. At the end of her shift he asks if she wants to come back to his
                          place.

Although she is attracted to him she says no. He then offers to pay her $200 to
                          sleep with him.

As she is travelling around the world, and is short of funds, she agrees.
                          The next night the guy turns up again. Again he orders Fosters and after showing
                          her plenty of attention, asks if she will sleep with him again for $200. She
                          remembers the night before and is only too happy to agree.

This goes on for 5 nights. On the 6th night the guy comes in again, orders
                          Fosters but goes and sits in the corner. The barmaid thinks that if she pays him
                          more attention then, maybe she can shake some more cash out of him. So she goes
                          over and sits next to him.

She asks him where he's from in Australia.

"Melbourne", he tells her.

"So am I. What suburb?" she enquires.

"Glen Iris" he replies.

"That's amazing," she says excitedly, "so am I - what street?"
                          "Cameo Street" he replies.

"This is unbelievable........." she says, her voice quavering; "What number?"
                          "Number 20", he replies.

She is totally astonished.
                          "You are NOT going to believe this," she screams, "but I'm fr om number 22! My
                          parents still live there!"

"I know..." he says, "Your Dad gave me $1,000 to give to you"

HE WHO
                          DRINKS AUSTRALIAN, THINKS AUSTRALIAN

Comment

Joe, I meant the killing part. Videogames have rotted my brain to the point where MURDER DEATH KILL are the only things capable of lifting the jaded eye-brow of my interest!

Comment

*buzz* now go take that ticket out of the machine

whats this 3 shells business?

Comment

LOL! you dont even know the 3 sea shells........... lol......... please............ everyone knows about the 3 sea shells!

Comment

Working...
                                X