This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
    The Daily Mail might hate the nanny state, but bloody hell, some people clearly need a lot of help.

Comment

What a moron, this makes me angry, this kid is a liar and will get away with whatever he can, i bet he'll have been bragging in the playground about his dad being an idiot and putting his cc details in and how he just buys whatever points he wants, not realising/caring about the consequences, the bit that gets me though is how in the stupid dads eyes the kid can do no wrong.

I remember last year when fifa came out some teenage kid with a group of mates came in and bought the game, i reached behind me and grabbed a sealed copy from the 100 strong pile of sealed copies on the shelf behind me, sold him it and on he went, couple of hours later some woman (his mother) storms into the shop, upto the counter demanding a refund because i'd sold her son a game with no disc in, cue massive argument, i knew straight away the lad had taken it out (probably sold the disc to a mate cheaper, and i remember it being just as weighty as any of the other copies i'd handled that day) and gone home and lied to his mum saying there was no disc in it, i had to keep my customer service attitude on despite her screaming in my face while every ounce of me wanted to shout back "your son is a liar, now f**k off!"

The fact she never even entertained the idea that her scummy little offspring was lying is what wound me up about that and this story aswell.
      Last edited by booth83; 13-07-2012, 22:03. Reason: women corrected to woman

Comment

^^^ So how did that end booth83?

Comment

And this 12 year old's fave game is COD.....

Comment

Surely EVERY 12 year old who plays games favourite game is CoD?

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
              ^^^ So how did that end booth83?
              She left empty handed, promising to write a letter to the local paper and never shop with us again.

I was very satisfied by not only winning the argument, but by how angry she was at having left with nothing, too many times it's easier to back down or give in to these types of people but i wasn't having her son effectively steal from me and get away with it.

Comment

I'm currently bantering you from a lovely hotel in Slough as we are off to Legoland in the morning!

So relaxing here.

Comment

Relaxing and Slough don't go together...

Comment

Moving into a flat in Angel on Thursday, sharing with two Japanese girls. 45-min walk from work(which will hopefully decrease as I get used to walking for that long without dying) so will be good during the Olympics. Also, it'll be nice to get the Japanese going again with some regularity for a change. Only met one of them so far but the other one likes Daft Punk so there'll be no problems there.

The flat's in a bit of a state, but I'm looking forward to the manual labour required to sort it out. And sort it out I will. I even started fixing one of the kitchen cabinets during the viewing while she was talking about the rent!

No idea what the landlord is like but I'm prepared for anything, so fingers crossed. Room is large enough for my keyboard, telly and a bunch of consoles so looking forward to a Summer of Dreamcast

Money will be tight so going on a retro binge will be just the ticket, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
                      Moving into a flat in Angel on Thursday, sharing with two Japanese girls

Lad

///

Comment

What does /// mean? I googled it and got nothing

Speaking of which, what does that ninja icon mean? When do you use it? How do you use it?

Comment

lol I just had to fill out the minimum character count. it's like twitter in reverse on here.

You type
                          Code:
                          :ph34r:
                          iirc

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                            Relaxing and Slough don't go together...
                            Yeah this place is a hole but the hotel is lovely and we are five mins from Windsor.

Comment

Legoland kinda sucks I thought. Canary Wharf isn't to scale, and lots of the city models now feature car crashes and the like. Still you can steal lots of pick 'n mix.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                                lol I just had to fill out the minimum character count
                                LOLOL I feel like a disciple from Life of Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X