No announcement yet.

The Tennis Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nadal picks his nickers and aligns his water bottles perfectly. He delays everything he does and it was funny when he recieved a time violation warning moments before a serve. Apart from his OCD; He's quite a good player.

Still prefer Federer though...

Comment

Great match, but it's a shame Federer didn't make history.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
        He's quite a good player.
        Slight understatement, he'll be #1 in the world by the end of the year.

Comment

Hats off to Murray for beating Nadal to reach the US Open Final ... against Federer. Final starts 10pm Monday evening UK time (it's been delayed due to bad weather).

Comment

Ooh. Think I might pop down to a local bar and watch that with a nice pint or two of Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Comment

I know I should be more positive but I (we) can't be.

Been watching this on the internet and although he's British and all that both of us can't stand Murray.

Hoping that Roger destroys him.

Comment

I don't like Murray, can't stand his attitude towards the game. Quick to big himself up and critisise others (like lower ranking British players) but doesn't show enough humility.

Comment

He is a bit cocky and not humble I agree, but he despatched of Nadal very well. Expect him to put up a good fight but Federer to win at the end of the day.

Comment

Unfortunately was away for the weekend so couldn't watch this but what a feat for Murray to beat Nadal. Bring on Federer in the final tonight, I hope Andy destroys him!

Comment

For the good of British tennis I wouldn't mind Federer getting beat. It's just such a shame that it's that sourpuss Murray that will dishing it out.

Comment

i dont like murray asd a person, cocky and a bit racist towards english people,
                        and he let us down in the davis cup thing .

come on tim, lol

Comment

He has actually been quite humble during this tournament and played some absolutely amazing tennis. He would be a worthy champion.

Comment

He's got a habit of following awesome performances with rubbish ones though, which will work against him.

Comment

It's good that he has confidence, that's part of what makes his temperament so good. He could so easily of capitulated after all those missed opportunities in the last set especially after Nadal then broke his serve.

Compare that to Henman who in his last grandslam semi at the French Open went to pieces every time he got into a winning position. That was a more disappointing loss than any he had at Wimbledon.

Comment

I like Murray, and his anti-English attitude is ace. I would be dissapointed if he wasn't. Lets be honest, I always think less of a scotish person if they are cosying up to the English. If I was Scotish I would hate us as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X