No announcement yet.

The Tennis Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I'm allowed to post stuff like this but here's a link to watch the tennis live on interwebz!

COME ON MURRAY!

Comment

First set to Federer, 6-2, in just under 30 mins - looks ominous...

Comment

Yeh it isn't looking good so far. He's not bottling it or anything, Federer just looks awesome.

Comment

Hopefully that'll give him the confidence he needs, excellent game from Murray

Comment

But wait - Muzza breaks back from 0-2 down in the second set. Game on, perhaps?

Comment

Yeh that was a brilliant game to beat Federer to love on his own serve.

Comment

40-0 up again on Federers serve and doesn't make any of the break points. Should have had that in the bag! Really big chance gone there Murray.

Comment

Murray's got to win this set, you'd think. He's had a ton of chances and it'll ruin him if he loses it.

What on earth is a "shanked" shot? Five Live have said it a good 94 times now, I've never heard it on the TV!

Comment

This is Federer's now, a match too far for Murray.

Comment

Looks like this one's over!

Anyway, congrats to Fed on a 5th US Open title on the spin - looks like rumours of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Will he now go on and surpass the Sampras record of 14 Slams?

As for Murray, he's had a fantastic fortnight. The top 3 in the men's game has now become the top 4, no?

Comment

Federer wins. Gutted. Murray was just outclassed for the most part. He didn't give up though at all, never bottled it, he hung in there playing his best until the last minute. Only bad thing was his serving at the end.

Made his first semi-final and final in a Grand Slam and got into the top 4 in the world.

So like you say, the top 3 has just become the top 4 and that's what I'm thinking too.

Comment

Glad for Fed, Murray was never really in it, he was doing all the running around.

Murray has improved and I can see him doing well on hard courts, in a year or so I think he'll be at the top table too.

Comment

Anyone watching Madrid Masters? Murray's one set up currently against Simon in the final. Murray beat Federer and Simon beat Nadal in the semi's which were both surprising.

Comment

Winnar!!!1

Comment

Didn't see the match but really pleased for Murray. He's had a great end to the season - winning the Masters in Cincinnati, getting to the final of the US Open, and now winning another Masters in Madrid. He's probably second only to Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. On his day he can beat anyone, his range of shots is phenomenal, but he needs more consistency. He certainly seems to have gotten over some of the physical problems he had earlier in his career. I think 2009 will be a big year for him - 2008 has certainly been his real breakthrough year.

Comment

Working...
                                X