Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to guess, its easy enough And no posting from people who know me!

Comment

Mini?

Comment

I was going to say, most likely a Mini. On the subject of the Nissan GTR, it's so ludicrously priced over here, that it is within reach of Mr Average. That's part of the reason why I don't want to drive it. A Ferrari or Porsche Turbo are out of my league, but the GTR sits there smiling, saying, go on you know you want to.

Comment

That's go to be a Mini VP? Wait till I tell my Boxa you called it new...

Alastair, where did you take those pics of the MX 5? That grafitti is rather smart. And the car's not bad as well. I do like the classic MX5. It's a proper sports car and I've only ever had a shot as a passenger but it's seems to handle really well.
          There was a Japan only version of the Eunos that had a fixed roof and looked like the illegitimate offspring off an Aston and an E-Type. Gorgeous little motor.

The GTR is proving to be a bit of a contentious issue on forums. It's abilities are astonishing but I'm not sure I want to have a motor that is doing most of the work for me. Too much technology possibly?
          I suppose it was only a matter of time before it happened really. After the Su-27 and Eurofighter it was inevitable someone would make a car that determines what do do based on your inputs and the conditions at the time rather than just rely on you figuring it out for yourself.
          Truly a car for the PlayStation Generation.
          I know most brands have a halo model (M3, Focus RS etc) that barely turns a profit but the GTR must be a loss leader. It's so cheap for all that tech and the hand built engines etc. Be interesting to see how Nissan persuades people that their humdrum motors are in some way cut from the same cloth as it's flagship sports / super car.

Ironically I've stopped playing racing games since I bought the Boxster. Can't beat the real thing.

Comment

Correct its my lightweight Mini street racing project!

Comment

VP you should cut and shut it for a really cool look

Comment

In an underpass near Brighton CMcK that the local grafitti crew are very protective of.

I've not heard of the Jap only Eunos with a fixed hardtop, know the name? I've got a hardtop for mine though and do like to think of it as a Jag E-Type alike when it's on.

Allegedly the GTR makes a tiny profit per car. I'm not sure I believe that though!
                Last edited by Alastair; 04-09-2008, 15:37.

Comment

Nah I don't like the squashed up ones

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post

I've not heard of the Jap only Eunos with a fixed hardtop, know the name? I've got a hardtop for mine though and do like to think of it as a Jag E-Type alike when it's on.
                    It was called the Mazda Roadster Coupe.

Is nice!

Comment

I'm a big fan of the old Ford's, i always wanted a Sierra Sapphire Cosworth when i was younger but could never afford the insurance .

At the minute i've got a V6 Mondeo Ghia X, not the nicest looking car i've ever had but it comes in handy for lugging stuff about. To look at it you wouldn't think it was fast, which is the thing i like about it best. Nothing better than the puzzled look on some young boy racer's face when he's just been dusted by a Dad mobile .

Few pics:

Comment

Must cost you a fortune in petrol (at these expensive times) though.

Out of interest, how much is petrol/diesel per litre in Japan Richard ? it's currently around 111.9/123.9 in sunny Essex.

Comment

Surprisingly its more economic than my 2.0l Mondeo, as long as i'm not thrashing it that is

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            It was called the Mazda Roadster Coupe.

Is nice!
                            Thanks, looks sexy as hell from that angle but I don't like it so much from the rear, the boot just looks wrong.

I like having a massive rear windscreen on mine when the hardtops on though and it looks very similar to that one when it's on otherwise

Comment

CMkK: What's the leg room like in your Boxster? I've always fancied one myself but I'm 6'4" and worry I wouldn't fit in.

Was trawling AutoTrader last night and noticed you can get a bmw z4, about 3 years old with 50k on the clock for about 8k! Bargain! Doesn't seem to matter if its 2.2 or 3 litre either. I'd imagine it's mainly due to the petrol consumption!

Always loved fast Fords. I vividly remember my dad borrowing a Sierra Saphire Cosworth for a weekend when I was younger and going out with him to rag it around the back roads, it was amazing. The interiors are totally awful by modern standards of course.

Comment

I'm 6'2" and just fit in the Boxster. You'd have to try it on for size I suppose. Certainly have plenty of headroom so there is a good chance you'll fit.

I had a shot of a V6 Mondeo Estate years ago and it was surprisingly quick. Brakes were cack though.

One of the lads I work with had lusted over a Cossie for years and finally bought a minter with heavy engine mods. He detuned it so it would be a bit more reliable and then he realised it was in fact a bit rubbish and now drives an Impreza Turbo. Which he swears are the best thing ever.
                                That's the problem with classics, they will never live up to your expectations especially compared to modern cars.
                                I adore the Lambo Muira, Porsche 356 and E-Type Jaguar but I seriously doubt I would ever buy any of them. It would be nice to get a shot but equally I would hate to be dissapointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X