Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bloke is usually on the Option DVDs, he does a great micktake of a skyblue Datsun with a godfather horn. I think he also crashed a car in the US while doing over 200mph on some kind of road race.

Comment

Yakuma,

There should be a sealing ring (most likely) or a gasket between your old exhaust and that new piece, i'd advise a little sealant use too, purely because you're joining old and new.

Did you fit it yet?

Comment

The air conditioning on my car is either very expensive to fix or pretty cheap.

Apparently is a common issue in Fabia's that the flap motor gets confused and gets stuck open. That means I just have to hook up a data cable to it and reset the errors.

If that isn't the cause it's a £70 part plus incredibly tricky replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          That bloke is usually on the Option DVDs, he does a great micktake of a skyblue Datsun with a godfather horn. I think he also crashed a car in the US while doing over 200mph on some kind of road race.

Comment

Sounds like an ice cream van

Comment

Originally posted by SS004 View Post
              Yakuma,

There should be a sealing ring (most likely) or a gasket between your old exhaust and that new piece, i'd advise a little sealant use too, purely because you're joining old and new.

Did you fit it yet?
              Yeah, it seems that you guys in the UK really recommend the sealant while everyone in Japan says I don't need it. Better to be safe than sorry so I'll use some plus the gasket I bought. From looking at the original set up there doesn't seem to be any trace of sealent just the gasket.

I was under the car on Sunday trying to get the bolts out of the old exhaust but the little buggers won't budge. So I drowned them in some lovely release spray and will do again before I go to work tomorrow. As long as the rain holds off I'll give them another try tomorrow night. If I can't do it tomorrow I'll have to taken the car around to a garage to use their air-gun. I'm really dieing to get it on as well. can't wait to hear and feel what difference it will make to the car.

Yakumo
              Last edited by Yakumo; 24-05-2010, 14:01.

Comment

An airgun might have too much force. Give 'em a good soak before you set off and when you get home while it's still hot. Also try tapping them with a hammer to shock em a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  Give 'em a good soak before you set off and when you get home while it's still hot. Also try tapping them with a hammer to shock em a bit.
                  Will do, that's the plan. I just hope that the rain hold off tomorrow.

Comment

I finally got the new exhaust on tonight after visiting a mate who had some nice tools that he let me borrow. I've got to say that I'm very surprised at the sound out of this thing. As soon as I turned the engine over for the first time a big smile spread right across my face. Man, it sounds awesome. Much better than the Subaru exhaust that came with the car. The missus isn't happy though. She says it's too loud but what does she know

I only had my iPhone on me so the video isn't so hot nor is the sound but it gives you an idea. - http://www.segagagadomain.com/videos/new-exhaust.MOV

Pictures taken outside 7 / 11 because it was the only place lit up.

Yakumo

Comment

The iphone fell down

And that exhaust looks gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                        The iphone fell down
                        Typical, right. It was all snug and steady. Even a little tug didn't move it but as soon as I started to move.......

Comment

What makes it so much better is that we're waiting anxiously to hear the exhaust noise, so we're expecting an event of some sort, just not that one!

And then, for extra comedy, there's the pov shot of the iphone staring up at (what I assume is) the ceiling of the car wondering where it all went wrong.

Comment

What makes it so much better is that we're waiting anxiously to hear the exhaust noise, so we're expecting an event of some sort, just not that one!
                            Yeah, it was poor. I'm with my son all day today because the missus is out with her friends so I can't make any speed freek videos but I can do a propper sound take with the HD camera. May do it later on.

And then, for extra comedy, there's the pov shot of the iphone staring up at (what I assume is) the ceiling of the car wondering where it all went wrong.
                            That was the reflextion in the windscreen as the phone fell over

Comment

New video up taken with my Panasonic HD camera. This has a fantastic mic pick up so you canget a good idea of the sound. - http://www.segagagadomain.com/videos/new-exhaust.htm

Comment

That sounds gorgeous!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't secretly hoping for the camera to fall over when you revved the engine, just for continuity's sake, nothing malicious intended.

Comment

Working...
                                X