Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could get my whole car in your boot! Not my scene, but they are a good plush drive.

Comment

ask the forum time as google not yielded a result

got a BMW with built in sat nav, I keep spotting certain roads have at different times plain white dots/circles on them, its not traffic or roadwork info and when you drive through the point they are located there's nothing going on there.

anybody have a clue what they are ?

Comment

Did a quick google myself and suggests that they may be locations previously visited. Not sure though...

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
          Did a quick google myself and suggests that they may be locations previously visited. Not sure though...
          thanks but I doubt that, I get it first time I drive thru places and for places that Ive never set as destinations so think it rules that out.

Comment

Did you buy the car brand new?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
              Did you buy the car brand new?
              I didn't but have had the whole o/s updated by BMW in the past which results in a complete wipe down of the whole thing and clean re-install.

The white dots on the road move position as well, don't always show in the same place !

Its the high end BMW pro sat nav but comes with no instructions in the dvd case explaining what it all means or how it works so you have to learn on the go

Comment

Considering the sort of detail the owner's handbook for my 2001 520i goes into(including explaining exactly how the rain sensor works, right down to light refraction and air-glass/glass-water interfaces), I'd reckon learning the satnav as you go does not sound like something BMW would make you do

Maybe there was some extra manual that you didn't get. With mine there are separate manuals for things like the radio security system. Or maybe you've landed yourself with an ex-MI5 BMW or something, and those white dots are assassination targets!

What model/year is it?

Comment

its a 2005 645 convertible, got the original dvd case and pamphlet that comes with it plus also got new maps last year and they came in a case with no detailed instructions.

its all on i-drive wheely thing and intuitive to use, just doesn't explain all the map symbols (most don't need it), its just become an irk recently as these damn dots are the only thing I've never sussed !

don't believe the full manuals, which I have, go into the navi software in detail

Comment

I wonder if the dots are a new thing added in the software update, which could explain why they're not in the manual?

Try asking on www.bimmerforums.co.uk, they've helped me loads with my issues and you should get a reply really quickly.

Comment

have done, will see if the hive mind there knows the answer.

ta.

Comment

How easy or hard is it to change a muffler? I've found a sweet one on Yahoo Auctions for a nice price although buying it from there then paying a garage to fit it wouldn't really save me that much. Garage fees in Japan are crazy! So I'd like to fit it myself. Keep in mind that I'd be using a normal jack to lift up the car and no real serious mechanical know how since I normally get a garage to do all the work.

Yakumo

Comment

It's a pretty easy job, you just some axle stands and some spanners/socket set. Some releasing oil and exhaust sealant is needed too. Just unbolt the bits you want and lift em off the rubber hangers.

Comment

Saw that parked at my neighbours house the other day - I love the Fiat 500! Still can't convince Mrs. 45 to learn how to drive so that I can buy me her one.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              It's a pretty easy job, you just some axle stands and some spanners/socket set. Some releasing oil and exhaust sealant is needed too. Just unbolt the bits you want and lift em off the rubber hangers.
                              Thanks for that. I watched Ed on Wheeler Dealers do one and it did look very simple which is did mention but then again he's a pro. OK, just got to "OK" it with the missus since it's "our" money I'll be using.

Comment

Soak all the nuts with releasing oil every day before you do it too, and the heating up, cooling down action of driving will help it soak in.

Comment

Working...
                                X