This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    are HID ones the slightly bluish ones that completely blind you?
    Yes, but that will likely be an aftermarket kit with improper lenses, no washers and lacking the self levelling hardware that are required to make th lights legal. Proper HID lighting has a suitable lens which gives the beam a definite cut off and a different colour temperature from those aftermarket kits.
    Strictly speaking people with aftermarket lights should fail their MOT.

I have factory fitted xenon lights on both my Boxster and Golf and would recommend them to anyone. They are superb if you drive a lot in the evening or at night time. Plus as a bonus the bulbs have a very long life span. It's more likely you would need to change the control unit before a bulb.

Comment

Aftermarket lights don't always fail the mot, but you have to be careful with what you buy, especially if it's coming off of ebay.

A lot of it is imported rubbish that lacks the things you mention

You can also buy the bulbs with a blue or orange tint, might even be more around now, not sure. These are ok.

I see some pimping machines here at work, and it's comical what some folk consider as cool.

Comment

hey need some car advice......have a vw polo 94 looking to get it replaced need some ideas of good makes and prices for secondhand

ideally small engine hatchback good miles per gallon

in ireland so looking for around 2000 to 3000 euros (not sure what that is in pounds )

Comment

Look in the classifieds on Pistonheads. How about a honda civic?

Comment

Yeah, a Civic is a nice option. It's got the power, good on fule and reliable.

Comment

Mentalist.

Comment

Makes my neck muscles hurt just watching that.

Comment

I'm now without a car for the first time in, well, forever. Decided to stay full time in London at the start of the year, so sold both cars thinking I didn't really need one. But.........now that summers nearly here, the itch has kicked in and i've started tentatively looking at the latest impractical car that will see little use.

Comment

Surely a 125cc moped in london? Unless you are doing runs to the sun, in which case you need a caterham.

You will of course need a decent caterham with carbon everything and enough power to light the wheels up in any gear at any speed so you can pretend you are playing Rallisport Challenge 2. Like my friend's insanity machine:

Comment

I'm a strictly 4 wheel man Charles. Hankering after an exige still. Took one on a test drive last year, supercharged with performance pack. They pack in 240bhp, 0-60 under 4 secs. Then went all (fairly) sensible and chose to go for an RS4. I think I can maybe squeeze in one more two seater before i'm past it though...................

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        have a low energy consumption compared to existing dipped-beam head lamps." - lol. This is hilarious.
                        It is. How many cars do you see running around with dipped beam on during the day.
                        I bet that even low energy consumption is higher than no energy consumption

I remember reading somewhere that a number of cyclist groups were opposed to these as they felt that motorists would simply look for lights, and maybe not notice someone on a bike since they don't necessarily have a DRL.

I think it's a conspiracy to get people out of cars.
                        They've tried whacking tax on fuel, promoting public transport, and charging people for congestion, now, with a combination of DRL and scameras, they are trying to make the roads more dangerous so we don't want to drive on them!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
                          I'm a strictly 4 wheel man Charles. Hankering after an exige still. Took one on a test drive last year, supercharged with performance pack. They pack in 240bhp, 0-60 under 4 secs. Then went all (fairly) sensible and chose to go for an RS4. I think I can maybe squeeze in one more two seater before i'm past it though...................
                          That caterham is restricted to 280bhp and is normally asipirated. None of this supercharger nonsense. 2.5 Duratec engine from a Mondeo.

Comment

Haha, i'm not mad on superchargers myself. Had 3 S2000's on the trot before the audi, they were NA two litre giving 240bhp, great cars. I couldn't see me making the occasional drive back home to Scotland in a caterham. 900 mile round trip, no thanks!

Comment

Scotland via train surely? The beach via caterham. You'll be too old soon.

Comment

This is mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X