Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine is great stuff, used some myself on my car recently and it improved the finish dramatically. Doesn't cover all swirl marks (my car being black means that they show up really easily), but a definite improvement and doesn't look a total mess on sunny days anymore. Best thing for me though is that the product is a polish/wax combo, so I don't have to spend even more time waxing afterwards unless I want a slightly longer lasting/even shinier finish.

Comment

Yea I was lucky to get HKS exhaust at a relatively decent price due to finding a guy only 20 or so miles away with one for sale. No delivery costs helps too. Hope the zorst exhaust does justice to that Subaru of yours.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      I went down to the car shop today (Super Autobacs)...
      This is brilliant. The same sentence in the UK would read "I went down to Halfords today and left in disgust."

Has anyone ever tried using one of these type of polishers?

I'm thinking this could be a good investment.* It should provide better results if used properly aswell I guess.

*Yea I'm just lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
        That Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine is great stuff... (my car being black means that they show up really easily), but a definite improvement,,.
        My car is metalic black n it looks like a rubbish finish. Should be ok bodywork wise its a 5 month old merc but it looks gubbed when i wash it. I tried turtle wash n wax that sucked so bought autoglym aqua wax n that sucks too, just leaves water marks all over it. might give the proper stuff a go n see how that looks, im fed up with it

Comment

charlesr, that's a lovely finish you got there. I know what you mean about your arm giving in! I only wax my car with proper wax 3 times a year with this stuff I bought on the strength of a Fifth Gear test against other wax products. Can't remember the name now and I'm too lazy to go downstairs to have a look Normally my car gets a wax spray at least once a month down at the "super Express" Esso petrol Station. These places are massive and always filled with the dumb ass young guys flashing off their tasteless aftermarket blink mobiles every Saturday night. Here's a shot of the dumb arses.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I bought a bunch of shampoo and waxing stuff a month or so ago and then ended up letting the guy at Sainsbury's clean my car! So I haven't got round to using the stuff yet, but the car's starting to look a bit grim now. I bought the leather cleaner and vinyl cleaner, too, hopefully I can make it look decent enough. It's been the family car for five years and it shows, especially the interior

I might do it really early tomorrow morning - the car's bang in the sunlight and I can't move it into the driveway at the moment as both my parents' cars are there and it's an event day so I need to keep it on the road (the permit is for that car only and I lost the visitor badge!).

From what I've gathered, it's not good to wax it when it's hot or if it's in direct sunlight...

I also ordered a Dension 100 ipod thing for it. Went for that one because it lets you keep the CD changer (with a £40 addon anyway, £90 for the Dension and £20 for the ipod cable). Hopefully it won't take ages to arrive, as the company I bought from was much cheaper than the others (£30 less than the next cheapest, and free delivery) but the order is sent direct from the supplier. I might get the bluetooth thingy for £40 but I haven't decided yet. I hope it's not too crap to use. A lot of them are either slow or just naff, but this one lets you use the ipod controls too.

@ Yakumo: That pic is awesome. I bet if you showed it to them, they'd love the fiery bits

Comment

Originally posted by Spagoli View Post
              My car is metalic black n it looks like a rubbish finish. Should be ok bodywork wise its a 5 month old merc but it looks gubbed when i wash it. I tried turtle wash n wax that sucked so bought autoglym aqua wax n that sucks too, just leaves water marks all over it. might give the proper stuff a go n see how that looks, im fed up with it
              Tried that turtle wash/wax product myself, not much good. Does the job for someone who just wants their car clean quickly, but that's about all it achieves. Didn't try the aquawax product as I doubt I'd be happy with the end result, seems a bit too 'quick'... maybe useful as a wax top-up in-between doing it properly. Anyway, out of Autoglym's cleaning products, I used the following:
              • bodywork shampoo & conditioner
              • ultra deep shine (plus some of their 'perfect polishing cloths' - not what I'd call perfect as they're a bit flimsy, but do seem to work well)
              • fast glass

Fast glass is quite invaluable I find because it's also a general purpose cleaner. Useful for when you're polishing the car in particular, because while you're waiting for the polish to dry you can use it to remove any stray polish on bits of plastic trim/bumpers (I couldn't be bothered to put masking tape on ).

Halfords are doing a 3 for 2 on car cleaning products at the moment so they can be had fairly cheap, think I paid about ?25 for that lot. I would also recommend getting a decent SOFT wash mitt and a decent SOFT drying towel, as you'll just end up creating swirl marks using a regular sponge/chamois. Incidentally, owning a black car has made realise why so many people own silver cars Can be really lazy with those, as paint defects/swirl marks are harder to see.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Are they trying to go for the "romeo and juliet" look?
                Shakotan/Bosozoku style cars are cool! Definitely different to "romeo and juliet" cars! Here's a video showing how ludicrous they are.
                Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

How do I get these video to integrate into the post. Those youtube tags wont work for me.

Comment

man, those Shakotan/Bosozoku cars are nuts! YOu don't see many arround here these days but you can still see what I call "The Batman" vans. Basically Shakotan/Bosozoku style vans as seen in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1aV8cCzJgQ&feature=fvw

Comment

They're like Catbus' older brothers!

@jamesy:

Assuming you're having no luck because your'e doing it wrong, and not because the videos you're tagging can't be embedded:

You take the video code from the Youtube url and put it between youtube tags, like this

Your url is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etLxboayu-E

The video code is the bit after 'v=', so it's etLxboayu-E

You then type this

[youtube]etLxboayu-E[/youtube]

Which gives you this

I'm in love with that silver car. Reminds me of the Tim Burton Batmobile (or what it'd look like if Joel Schumacher had been given five minutes alone with it)

Here's a little tip - when I'm trying to figure out the code for something (e.g. a funky emoticon like ), I look at a post someone's done with that code in and click the Quote button. In the quote, you then see the code they actually typed.
                    Last edited by randombs; 23-05-2010, 09:26.

Comment

Ah right thanks Billy. Now I get how it works. Doh!

Yakumo the black van with the neon blue lights round it looked like japanese version of the A-team. Thank god it was an american show!

Comment

No probs. Me and my little bro watched all three parts. That guy's wicked!

Comment

Yea he's an absolute legend. He founded the D1 drift series but he's always in videos like that.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                            Here's a little tip - when I'm trying to figure out the code for something (e.g. a funky emoticon like ), I look at a post someone's done with that code in and click the Quote button. In the quote, you then see the code they actually typed.
                            I just did that to see what you put in to view the tags without them actually working! (noparse)

I was thinking my bodywork would last at least a week.
                            Had to park my car under a tree today........ gaaahhh. Covered in sap and spacedust. Oh well, lifes too short to worry abouut this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
                              Ah right thanks Billy. Now I get how it works. Doh!

Yakumo the black van with the neon blue lights round it looked like japanese version of the A-team. Thank god it was an american show!
                              Too true. Japanese TV is awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X