No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me out too. With my iPhone and netbook, I have all my roadwarrior boxes ticked.

Comment

I've got to admit I'm slightly disappointed that it's running a more iphone like OS rather than a watered down OSX.

Comment

Tell us the price (so we can laugh) goddamnit!

Comment

They keep saying how amazing it is that it's just like an iphone and that iphone apps are fine on it.

So.... I should get one of these rather than sticking with an iphone...why?

Oh dear... Data plans being talked about...

$15 for 250mb. L O L
          Last edited by abigsmurf; 27-01-2010, 18:16.

Comment

Anyone guessing the price yet ? £699->800 euros = 800 dollars, my guess...

Cheaper than i thought = $499

Comment

$500, not too bad but I still won't get one. Could be ok for people without a small lappie/netbook/iphone BUT $800 for the 64GB with 3G! As others have said the storage space is too small if you're really gonna have loads of tunes, movies and apps on there.
              Last edited by NW2013; 27-01-2010, 18:21.

Comment

$499 apparently. That's not actually bad. Still have zero interest though.

Comment

$700 for the big version, so that'll be £700 then

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                    I'm a huge fan of Apple but that just looks like a total waste of space. Who's the target demographic? I'm an Apple fan and a gadget geek software engineer and I don't want one.
                    Same here, i look at it and all i see is a massive waste of effort, time and space. Which is a massive shame as apple are normally spot on with there new devices.

No iphone news either, no price drop, no upgrade or new model. Apart from os3.1 which is probably just a security update.

The last point is a massive shame for me as my iphone is on its last legs and i just cant afford a new one in any shape or form

edit. $15 for 250 meg data plan, seriously are they taking the piss or what?? i get 200mins, inf texts and 500mb with orange at the mo?
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-01-2010, 18:22.

Comment

Forgot, it starts at $499, so 499 = 16 GB, so it will be a lot more for 64GB = $800 anyone...

whoops, yeah 700...

Comment

£379-£399 I'm guessing.

Comment

They're showing a keyboard dock now ? I thought the whole point was to get away from the keyboard, with the touch screen..?

Comment

It looks quite cool that keyboard dock but it's pointless. If you want a laptop buy one!

Comment

looks nice, and global launch for wifi model in 60 days, 3g & wifi in 90 days, for something bigger like this i could do with wifi only and give up the 3g

Comment

Exactly ! (StuM82)..

I still think it's an odd time to launch a product, in this economic enviroment ? I know the ebook reader market is going to be worth about 9billon this year. So apple want to be there, i guess. I suppose people will see this as better value for their money then a kindle and such..?
                                Last edited by wonderboy; 27-01-2010, 18:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X