Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Charlie Bear, that is EXACTLY the clip I was looking for......... quality.........

lol, had to be done really!

Comment

Is there any news/rumours of when the next iPhone will be out? My wife is about to upgrade to an iPhone which obviously locks her into a 3GS for 18-24 months, which is no bad thing as they are awesome phones.

However, being new to the iPhone market, I'm wondering how much more expensive that "4G" would be on release anyway, so not sure whether to wait or not?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            Is there any news/rumours of when the next iPhone will be out? My wife is about to upgrade to an iPhone which obviously locks her into a 3GS for 18-24 months, which is no bad thing as they are awesome phones.

However, being new to the iPhone market, I'm wondering how much more expensive that "4G" would be on release anyway, so not sure whether to wait or not?
            I think June/July is normally when we see new iPhone offerings. Price-wise I'd expect the 4G to replace the current 3GS and for the 3GS to be sold at the current 3G pricepoint, if that makes sense (ie damn expensive).

Comment

Macrumours buyers guide has been saying now for some time not to buy.

Comment

I'd hold off. Apple obviously have targets to meet for the iPhone 4th gen to be considered a success so will likely come in at the same price as the 3GS (with extra whizz-bang features), if not a bit less.

Comment

My contracts up this year too... Don't really want to get a 3GS if a 4G is due soon either.

To be honest, as good as the iPhone is... I'm sorely tempted to jump ship to a Windows Series 7 phone.

Comment

Not entirely sure what they could do for the iphone 4G really.

storage bump? Giving it that A9 CPU?

Incidentally, going back to the ipad. Microsoft have shown off their answer to it: The Courier. It's actually pretty sexy.

We've been dying to know more about Microsoft's Courier tablet / e-book device ever since we first caught wind of it last September, and while our entreaties to Mr. Ballmer went unanswered, we just learned some very interesting information from an extremely trusted source. We're told Courier will function as a "digital journal," and it's designed to be seriously portable: it's under an inch thick, weighs a little over a pound, and isn't much bigger than a 5x7 photo when closed. That's a lot smaller than we expected -- this new picture really puts it into perspective -- and the internals apparently reflect that emphasis on mobility: rather than Windows 7, we're told the Courier is built on Tegra 2 and runs on the same OS as the Zune HD, Pink, and Windows Mobile 7 Series, which we're taking to mean Windows CE 6. As we've heard, the interface appears to be pen-based and centered around drawing and writing, with built-in handwriting recognition and a corresponding web site that allows access to everything entered into the device in a blog-like format complete with comments. We're also hearing that there will be a built-in camera, and there's a headphone jack for media playback. Most interestingly, it looks like the Courier will also serve as Microsoft's e-book device, with a dedicated ecosystem centered around reading. It all sounds spectacular, but all we have for a launch date is "Q3 / Q4", and we have no idea how much it's going to cost, so we're trying to maintain a healthy skepticism until any of this gets official -- call us any time, Microsoft. One more pic showing the interface after the break. Update: We've added a gallery of user interface shots -- some of which we've seen and some of which are new. Update 2: We've just gotten two full-length HD videos of the interface in action. We've seen parts of these before, but there's some new stuff here that's quite interesting. Check it below. %Gallery-87492%

Comment

I, for one, am very much looking forward to the Courier.

Comment

Same - but I don't feel like its a direct competitor to the ipad. If it comes back when I get back from S.Korea, this will replace everything in my bag @ uni ~

Any ideas on pricing for the UK? Hoping not a huge Apple price hike...

Comment

A tipster says, "The first thing that came to mind when I gazed onto the 'magical' iPad was how much it reminded me of the Star Trek PADD." Thing is, said tipster also develops apps. And so this happened.

Ok, i'm sold Heh
                          Last edited by Orgun; 31-03-2010, 12:57.

Comment

Why go to that much effort and then make a spelling mistake?

Comment

Apple holding iPhone OS 4 event, April 8th!

Should be interesting

Comment

Good lord that was quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X