No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing a 720p movie on a screen that's not natively capable of supporting that resolution is what I meant. After all, I can play 1080p movies on my imaginary laptop with a 10" 1024*768 screen - but that wouldn't get marketed as being HD capable.

Comment

Is the early upgrade price the total you pay excluding any monthly charges to get the iPhone 4 or is it just to stop the old contract? It seems a little too good to be true if it's the total cost.

According to the Early Upgrade site it would cost me ?200:00 to upgrade and according to the O2 Recycle site they'll give me ?173:00 for my old iPhone.

I'm sure it's not right but according to that it'll cost me ?27 and a new 18/24 month contract. I have to admit that I'm bloody tempted at that price but I'm sure I've got that wrong.

Comment

The £200 is for you to buy yourself out of the contract. You'll also have to pay for the new phone

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          Playing a 720p movie on a screen that's not natively capable of supporting that resolution is what I meant.
          Yeah but.. but... according to Apple, your eyes won't even be able to see the individual pixels, thus rendering your argument null and void!

Comment

I worked mine out at ?280 to buy out, and they'll give me ?240 for my 16gb 3gs, i'm assuming it'll be ?100 plus for a new one on 18month (optomistically), so all in all ?140ish, I have to say I'd be up for that, i've got 14 months left anyway so to go to 18months & get the new phone costing that much seems reasonable to me, i'd be willing to go to ?200 i think

Comment

It's £180 for 16gb, and £280 for 32gb, realistically, on an 18 month contract. Unless you're paying more a month.

£160 to buy out my contract, and £280 or so to get a 32GB iPhone4. £440. For an extra £100 I could get a PAYG one and go on a way cheaper contract in 9 months.

Don't know why I'm even considering that.

Comment

It's been 18 months and my iPhone 3G 8GB is now scratched, well used and a little bit knackered. Gonna get down to CeX and flog it, a fresh iPhone 4 32GB awaits on Thursday the 24th /o/

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  It's ?180 for 16gb, and ?280 for 32gb, realistically, on an 18 month contract. Unless you're paying more a month.

?160 to buy out my contract, and ?280 or so to get a 32GB iPhone4. ?440. For an extra ?100 I could get a PAYG one and go on a way cheaper contract in 9 months.

Don't know why I'm even considering that.
                  Are priceplans for the 4 already in the open then? cos I couldn't find any and based that vaguely on what i remember when signing up for 3gs

Just had a quick look at 3gs tariffs and, assuming they hopefully use the same, for a 16gb, on 18 months at ?40pm (which is what i pay already but am currently on a 24month) it would cost ?90, i guess it's going to cost more than that for the iphone 4 itself, but i'll wait and see what that is. so it'll cost whatever that is and (effectively) ?40 to buy out, and i'll be no worse off monthly, and only have 4 months extra contract on top of what i currently have, i'm selling it to myself here!

Comment

For me the update will be £220 to buy out the contract and then the phone on top. Think I might skip this update (though it looks superb). As I've got a 3GS, iOS4 should be fine with most of the features working so I stick at the moment.

The current recycle offer for my phone is £253, but I'm wondering if this price will drop once the new models come out? Hence the decision to stay. Next year I'd still be able to get £150 for it, so that should pay for the phone in 2011.

Comment

And early uprade options I have will require me to lengthen my contract with O2, which ain't gonna happen. The O2 coverage is shocking where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser View Post
                        The current recycle offer for my phone is ?253, but I'm wondering if this price will drop once the new models come out?
                        I can currently get ?173 for my 3G with O2. I checked just before the WWDC keynote and I could get it for ?198. Hopefully it won't drop any further as we get closer to the 24th. Knowing O2 it probably will though

Comment

How reliable is this? I don't want to send off my £173 worth of perfectly good iphone in one of those freepost bags

Comment

On the presumption that next year's iPhone will be a '4GS', I'm going for a 24 month contract this time. Then I can get a '5G' in 2 years' time.

I'm out of my current contract and paying ?20 a month, so I can get an iPhone 4 for the basic price and give my 3G to my wife. I'll probably go for the ?45 a month contract and pay the ?89 for the 32 gig version. You can always reduce your contract after a year with O2, which is what I did last time.

Since the announcement of the iPhone 4, any interest I had in the iPad has completely disappeared.

Comment

Ok, have a PAC code (fee-free!), and am ready to go. Might trade in my Nokia E71 as I can get £70 for it and chances are it'll never be used again. Quite psyched about all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                                On the presumption that next year's iPhone will be a '4GS', I'm going for a 24 month contract this time. Then I can get a '5G' in 2 years' time.
                                I'm kind of the same, although I'd personally go for a 4GS over a 5G. Seems like the second iteration fixes most of the problems with the first and, if this generation is anything to go by, will also have the ability to run the newer version of the software keeping the whole thing feeling fresh.

Or I might just go Android next time out and stick to the man. \o/

Comment

Working...
                                X