No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 24th's the launch date for us in Blighty.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
      dear god... the video calling. Massive failure right there. Wifi only. iPhone 4 to iphone 4 only.

Still, I'm sure both users who use it will like it.
      A bit harsh to call it a massive failure off the bat, no? It'll eventually see the light of day over 3G networks.

The iPhone 4-only element was to be expected, surely?

Comment

somehow the hundreds of other phones with video calling manage to work with each other...

Comment

Somuch unanswered for us tho, initial pricing and plan pricing...what networks? How will we find out?

Comment

somehow the hundreds of other phones with video calling manage to work with each other...
            True...but I'd be really surprised if video calling on the iPhone 4 stayed iPhone 4-only. I don't think it'll be that way for long. I can't see that. Can you?

Besides, I don't see video calling on mobiles as that much of a major success, anyway. 3 mooted it as their USP when they came into existence. How's it doing for their popularity/market share these days.

Comment

With face time you can chat to charismatic indivuals such as:

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                Somuch unanswered for us tho, initial pricing and plan pricing...what networks? How will we find out?
                It'll likely follow the same price points as the 3G and 3GS do currently. The folks in the states have received eligibility to upgrade early for 2010 so I suspect something similar will happen here too.

Comment

I like the design of it I have to say, not quite so sure why its as revolutionary as they state. Wooo video calls

Comment

I've never once had even the slightest desire to make a video call.

Think I'll wait for next years iPhone, the new OS should prevent me getting bored with my 3GS model till then

Comment

It's a bit dull and unexciting really. No real compelling reason to upgrade over a 3GS for me.

No mac mini, no apple tv, no ipods either.

Comment

Discover Apple iPhone. Shop the newest iPhones alongside our best pay monthly and pay as you go deals. Plus, enjoy exclusive O2 rewards. Available now with O2.

Just registered for interest. Also seems they'll send a new micro sim for me ahead of time to use in the new hardware.

Comment

It's a bit dull and unexciting really. No real compelling reason to upgrade over a 3GS for me.

No mac mini, no apple tv, no ipods either.
                          Indeed, yet everyone will want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                            http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/

Just registered for interest. Also seems they'll send a new micro sim for me ahead of time to use in the new hardware.
                            Nothing like that for Orange yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                              Indeed, yet everyone will want one!
                              For sure.

Launch day purchase for me as I'm still struggling on with my 2g so should hopefully be a big improvement for me.

Comment

Just been looking through the stuff on Apple's iPhone 4 page and I'm disappointed with the capacity as I really wanted to stop having to use an iPod Classic and an iPhone.

I could manage with 32GB but I'd really prefer to have another 100GB on top of that.

It's difficult to tell without seeing first hand but the screen looks absolutely bloody gorgeous and I do really like the look of the hardware too, even the white version.

Not sure I like the "bumpers" though but to be honest, they will probably sell like crazy to some people.

I'm interested in the camera but I'm very aware that although companies that sell digital cameras like to throw the numbers around, megapixels have very little to do with quality.

The implementation of Mail appears to be better and that's something that I'd appreciate. I'm not saying no at the moment but I may wait to see if the capacity increases next year.

Did they mention the the release date for iOS4 as the website just says it's coming soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X