Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone getting SimCity? http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=289084472

I couldn't help but go for it, I'm addicted to buying games on the App Store and not really playing them though.

Will post impressions once I've played it.

Comment

I just got it. Have been waiting for this for a while, hopefully a good conversion !

Also, anyone know why Scrabble hasn't made it to the apps store ? It's up on the US store. My sister's been waiting ages...

Last edited by wonderboy; 17-12-2008, 19:02.

Comment

Yeah i'm interested in simcity. From what I have read so far its excellent apart from the fact it crashes a lot on certain devices.

Comment

Rolando has hit the App Store, probably the most hyped iPhone game of the year, amazing how much coverage a bit of site sponsorship buys you

Gameplay video
          Rolando - created exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch by HandCircus and ngmoco:) - Available December 18th

Comment

LOL is that what that is!!!! I downloaded Topple this morning which is free to celebrate the release of Rolando. I thought it was in support of some Columbian drug baron who'd just been let out of jail

Comment

Rolando is pure quality, bought it before work this morning and have been playing it most of the day (work is very slow atm).

Controls are great, smooth gameplay and it looks great.

I've wasted plenty of hours on SimCity too, another top notch app and haven't had a single crash on my 3g iPhone yet either.

Comment

No problem with SimCity either. Really great game, works surprising well...

Comment

Rolando got 9.5 of ign!

Comment

I hear an update for Katamari is out, anyone here able to say how much it improves it as I really want the game but won't buy it until its at a good playable state.

Comment

There's no update showing up for me yet.

I got that Rolando game. It's great! IGN downplay the fact that it's a Loco Roco rip-off and I find that harder to do. But this game takes a similar style and similar gameplay ideas and then goes on to make much more of an actual game out of it than Loco Roco or its sequel ever were. So far, it's really good fun and presents clear goals with quite a bit of thought involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        There's no update showing up for me yet.

I got that Rolando game. It's great! IGN downplay the fact that it's a Loco Roco rip-off and I find that harder to do. But this game takes a similar style and similar gameplay ideas and then goes on to make much more of an actual game out of it than Loco Roco or its sequel ever were. So far, it's really good fun and presents clear goals with quite a bit of thought involved.
                        Yeah I agree, it's nicked what was good about locoroco, but made a much better game out of it. You really end up scratching your head at times usually to find the solution was much simpler than you thought.

All that for ?5.99!

Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                          I hear an update for Katamari is out, anyone here able to say how much it improves it as I really want the game but won't buy it until its at a good playable state.

Read through this thread for impressions, one of the most active forums for iPhone gaming. A quick skim makes it sound like it has improved things but it could be much better still.

Comment

I have that Katamari update now. It's a definite improvement and makes the unplayable playable. Still not exactly fantastic and play feels stuttery but nowhere near as bad.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Final Fantasy Crystal defence thing? I downloaded the lite version. Its basically a tower defence job using the sprites and music from FF Tactics A2 which is nice, however half the screen is filled with a virtual joystick! WTF!!!? You take a genre perfectly suited to a touch screen, and then fill half the afore mentioned screen with a virtual joystick.

The gameplay is pretty decent, but is ruined for me by the stupid control decision.

The thing is I reckon the iPhone /Touch would be perfect for a full blow FF Tactics title.

On a better note I bought the new updated Katamari, and its pretty decent. Controls work pretty well for the most part. Visually its alright, but I think the iphone can do better.

Comment

Being too much of a cheap skate for Rolando, I picked up Dr Awesome instead. It's actually quite good fun!

Also, the Capital FM app is worth checking if you crave a bit of radio action. It has other stations on it also like Galaxy and Choice (same group I think?). Only problem so far is that the bloomin thing stops when your iphone/pod goes off to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X