Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Pinball Dreams (or whatever the iPhone version is called) yet?

I used to be addicted to it on the Amiga and I'm this close to buying this version but have heard about a few problems about slowdown which could ruin it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
      Over 300 downloads of my app in a week. Hehe. Quite surprised given how incredibly niche it is.
      I released one a few days ago and it's slowly increasing sales, maybe 100 per week if I extrapolate. Unfortunately Apple stalled on the approval and a bunch of other similar apps got released first.

Anyway, I'm treating that one like a trial run. Got some more ideas... still not sure whether it's worth it (100 downloads is about ?36 income) so it's all just a free-time thing at the moment.

Comment

Pimp a link to your app matey!

I don't even want to talk about the approval process. My recent app has been rejected twice so far.

1st - I used the Compose Email icon inappropriately so I had to change it to an Action one.

2nd - My 57x57 image was sufficiently different to my 512x512 image so I had to redo that.

What frustrates me, and I emailed them to tell them (not that they'll change!), is that my images were the same as the first time I submitted so if they had bothered checking thoroughly on the first pass then that would have saved at least a fortnights worth of time. It's still under review so I have no idea if it's going to pass again this time <sigh>

Edit: And to add insult to injury, my mate tells me that Apple have agreed to rush all of his apps through the approval process, so that they can get on the store into for them to advertise them on TV (!!!). He's currently been flown over to Las Vegas (from England) to be wined and dined by various execs <sigh again>

Comment

Still need to fix a few things, but:

iShot (http://www.ishot.at/)

It's better than the competition because it's got achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo View Post
            Still need to fix a few things, but:

iShot (http://www.ishot.at/)

It's better than the competition because it's got achievements.
            Cool, I'll have to check that out sometime (ie, when I eventually get an iphone). Since when have you been a developer?

Comment

Icarus - I have Pinball Dreams. Yep, I've experienced slowdown though I can go long periods without ever experiencing it. It is frustrating when it happens though. But, mostly, it has been no trouble and runs fine and plays really well. My second most played game after Monopoly.

Comment

Reccommend FlightControl from Firemint... its cheap as.

Basically you direct planes and aircraft in to land drawing flight paths on the screen. Its so simple and yet horribly, horribly addictive. Only one level which is a shame but consider it costs $1.19au here which is the price of a packet of chewing gum and I've been playing it for nearly 20 hours its money well spent.

Warning: It is a drug.

Comment

This might be useful for someone creating an app. I just noticed, that Stanford University have started to put up iPhone development courses up in iTunes...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/03/apple-and-stanford-to-offer-free-iphone-development-courses-onli/

Comment

A free Sky+ Remote Record app has just been released - it rocks!!

Comment

I did see that... do you have to have your Sky box hooked up to the phone line for it to work?

edit: Oh... my new app is out! http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...308004637&mt=8

Comment

Yes I think so Chris, connect to the phone line, go to Remote Record in Sky Active, enter your mobile number and Robert's ya father's brother! Works really well

Comment

I don't know if these are of use to anyone, but here are 5 codes to download my lottery app (My Own Lottery - UK Edition) for free;

KHNJPXX4WE63
                          WEWFKYTNNY6H
                          WPKAP93MW6EK
                          KPL9LM7JRYE9
                          F6L73WNMTMAX

There's a catch though - they only work on the USA store! Please post if anyone uses them

Comment

I bought Galaxy On Fire last night for a punt and was pleasantly surprised with an ELITE lite clone.

Anyone else got this yet, ive only done a couple of missions so far but even the controls work surprisingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                              I don't know if these are of use to anyone, but here are 5 codes to download my lottery app (My Own Lottery - UK Edition) for free;

F6L73WNMTMAX

There's a catch though - they only work on the USA store! Please post if anyone uses them
                              Thanks Chris I just redeemed the above code on my iphone and it worked fine.

Comment

Just got a touch for my birthday and have downloaded a ton of apps for it, some fantastic games out there for it at the mo and all for pence.

Lets golf is worth 3.50 of anyone's money and is far better than any golf game i have played on the DS, they really have nailed the touch controls there are a ton of courses, and the graphics are fantastic.

Airport mania is 59p at the moment the same price as flight control but is a bit more of a rounded package and more about managing loading and unloading multiple planes, on the harder levels it really dose become about getting them onto the ground repaired refueled and up in the air again as quick as you can.

Motion x poker has nice progression and collectibles in the form of tables dice and achievements and plays really nicely.

Sim City is not bad but it can be very fiddly with the touch controls not a bad game though. To be fair they have thought about how it plays on the touch though, everything can be dragged about the screen to get proper placement.

I really didn't get on with Rolando and found it to be not responsive when you needed to jump, don't know what i was doing wrong but it just didn't seem to want to work for me.

Zen bound freeked me out a bit, if your into rope bondage with small wooden animals then this is the game for you

Comment

Working...
                                X