No announcement yet.

When do you stop work for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fingers crossed for the 24th-29th..if am at home.I work in the oil industry so i could be offshore on some sh#tty oil rig.

Comment

Finish work on the 24th, we always finish early on Christmas Eve so it always seems like a waste to use a days holiday for it. Back to work on the 5th of January!

Comment

In in till the 24th, but i wont be back till the 5th like some others on here....... Sigh......

Comment

half day on the 23rd for me and then straight down to the local near work for a beer and then i'm back in on the 29th but they wont be much to do so just do nothing and half day on new years eve.

Comment

You lucky bastards.

I'm on 7am - 3pm earlies ALL Christmas week (and I mean all.) Getting up at 5.45am on the 25th of December, it's like Hitler...

Still, there's some good news because I get New Year's Eve off..........

....though the f*ckers have stuck me on a 6.30am early on New Year's Day. The absolute bastards.

Comment

I'm off from 19 December and back at work on 5 January. BRING IT!

Comment

I finish at 3pm on Xmas Eve. Then back at 9am on Monday the 29th Dec.

Comment

I get 25th and 26th off whoop-dee-effing-do. I hate it. Everyone wants to meet up at Christmas and all i do is rush around for the 2 days i get off.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                    I finish at 3pm on Xmas Eve. Then back at 9am on Monday the 29th Dec.
                    Roughly the same as above for me. Could have used my holiday allowance to take off more days but sod it, saving my leave to go Japan next year And I dont mind coming in over the festive period, there'll be sod all to do.

Comment

Technically I stop working around August, but officially it's 17.00 on Xmas Eve (no doubt after a barrage of emails throughout the day from management saying "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE EARLY!" followed by one at 16.29 which then says "GET OUT THE BUILDING YOU INCONSIDERATE ****S THE CARETAKER WANTS TO GO HOME!!").

Looks like I'm going to have to work at least two days between Xmas and New Year but after that I should be off until 12th January.

The start of next year is going to be as comfortable as being passed around in a sodomy club so I intend to make the most of my hols to get drunk and play games (probably at the same time).

Comment

Being a student im off from the 18th dec until Febuary only found out today though i was back in January, its hard life

Comment

Office job, so last day on the 23rd December, then back on Monday 5th. Had to take Annual Leave, although I'm grateful for the holiday because I need it.

Comment

I finish mid-afternoon on Christmas Eve and then I'm not back until 2nd Jan. Seems a bit daft going back on that Friday, but it makes for a very short week, so it's not that bad. Can't wait though - I really need a break!

Comment

I've been off since last Tuesday. It's the longest Christmas break I've had since school (and that was a fair while ago).

Comment

Only get Christmas Day, and Boxing Day off, the joys of working in retail

Comment

Working...
                                X