No announcement yet.

When do you stop work for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last day is this Friday (19th), we finish at 1:30pm.

Back in on 5th Jan.

Comment

I've got work related stuff up until this Sunday (21st), and after that I'm off right through to the 9th. Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Normally in the holidays I spend too much time in my underpants in the dark playing videogames, and 95% of the time it starts to depress me. I'll have a horrible panicky feeling in the few days before work starts, then when it does everything will be back to normal.

This year my girlfriend's holidays are at the exact same time, so that'll interfere with the usual routine. She's the sort who has to be doing something, so she will not like my efforts to become a complete sloth... but as we are both rather poor there's not a lot we can do. I'm not sure she will be able to cope with the long period of inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
        so I intend to make the most of my hols to get drunk and play games (probably at the same time).
        Don`t recommend drunk gaming. Did it with Winning Eleven once got hammered by my sober mate lol.

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
        My last day is this Friday (19th), we finish at 1:30pm.

Back in on 5th Jan.
        28th Dec - Jan 4th but comin bck to Eng on hol so finish on 22nd Dec instead. Needs yr job Mr Fallows great holidays there, have fun relaxin.
        Last edited by JU!; 16-12-2008, 00:40.

Comment

we don't.
          Working all the way through - including xmas day.
          Get 4 days off over new years.
          Technically the last day is 30th Dec. back on the 5th.

I think i'll have to throw some holidays in or i'm going to be knackered for next year.

Comment

Used to love Christmas Eve in my office. The manager would tell us to go home at 1pm. Oh happy days....

Then again, Crimbo is over rated

Comment

it's actually fairly relaxed - this week is traditionally hectic each year, but next week should be nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                I really do hate you as of reading this
                As a bonus I've got a cold at the moment. So doing half days at present (I could just go off sick, but I'm dedicated!)

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                  Needs yr job Mr Fallows great holidays there, have fun relaxin.
                  Hehe cheers mate. I'm still hanging on in the education sector so it's all good.

I have Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy to finish yet, as well as Mario Kart to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                    Don`t recommend drunk gaming. Did it with Winning Eleven once got hammered by my sober mate lol.
                    Actually I find I'm a little bit better at racing games if I've had a drink.

It's a very fine line though.

One sip too many and you'll usually find me doing uncontrollable doughnuts in a gravel pit or driving the wrong way around the course (enough of an incentive not for me to do it in real life)

Comment

finish at 4:30pm on the 23rd. Back in 5th Jan

Comment

Finished on 4th, back on 4th. Teaching = win.

Comment

Finishing on the 24th, 27th already back to work, and even working the 31st. Back in the office the 7th.

Comment

Last day in work is Monday 22nd then back in on January 2nd where I have to ensure Payroll documentation for about 80 people is up to date and correct so what should be normally be an easy day back in work, will probably be one of the busiest days of the month.

Comment

Finishing at 16:30 on Christmas Eve, then back on the 27th. Working throughout the New Year and I'm about to work for seven days without a day off.

Damn retail.

Comment

Finish Christmas Eve
                                Back into work on Monday 29th

No extended holiday for me

My brother the lucky git finishes tomorrow & goes back on the 5th.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X