No announcement yet.

What you doing for New Years Eve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice local Thai restaurant followed by feet up in front of the TV with a bottle of bubbly, then its 4 days away from work! 2008 was alright I guess...

Comment

Doing **** all. Ditto as above. Staying in and getting a chinese.

New Years Eve is the most over rated, over hyped, under whelming, over priced night of the year. I always feel as if i'm forced to have a good time and I never ever do. Usually find as well that the pub is always full of once a year night out wonders who only ever show up on new years eve for their one night out so the pub ends up full of strangers who no one knows. Gimme Xmas eve and Boxing day any time. I also don't get much chance to see friends and family living abroad so i'm not arsed anyway about not going out.

I'll go out Friday and Saturday instead when all the kids are skint and staying in
      Last edited by NemesiS; 31-12-2008, 15:10.

Comment

Going to a Guitar Hero based house party. Should be fun, plus no charvers.

Comment

I just stayed in with the girlfriend, watching the 'traditional' K1 marathon, ate soba and mochi for the bells, then stuck on 'donald where's your troosers' to give me a wee bit of home lol. I'll go to the local shrine tomorrow, not up for queing for it tonight.

Comment

Nothing too elaborate. Just going with some friends to see a couple of bands play in a pub somewhere. It's best to treat New Years as another night out, otherwise it never lives up to expectations.

Comment

Just going for a curry. That's about it!

Comment

Wife's making sushi and soba noodles today, with beer to wash it down.

Tomorrow, nabe, fried chicken and more beer.

Hope everyone has a great New Year!
                Last edited by Anpanman; 31-12-2008, 16:21.

Comment

Just got a nice meal for the wife and I from M&S. Will have that with a bottle of plonk after the little 'un's gone to bed. Then I plan to watch a few movies while the other half catches up on a bit of work on her laptop Then we might say happy new year at midnight and then fall asleep. Not as young as I used to be!

Happy New Year to everyone btw. Hope 2009 is good for you all!

Comment

Family gathering with lots of drink and food. Can't beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
                      Just going for a curry. That's about it!
                      I used to do this quite often, and it would rock. Just go out to dinner with a few friend and then back home for drinkys.

Apparently not many pubs are doing the usual 10 quid to get in because they know people will just go somewhere else in this period of economic fail.

I have never been a fan of going out to a club or whatever so ehh. The type of people you meet in them . .bleh

Comment

Was going to do the usual and go out to a bar/club with friends but I have the flu! I will be now staying, keeping warm and watching TV.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          Apparently not many pubs are doing the usual 10 quid to get in because they know people will just go somewhere else in this period of economic fail.
                          Tell that to my local who are charging ?20 a ticket, cheeky bastards . ?20 to go in a pub . Another winning reason to stay in

Comment

Some friends coming round with Guitar Hero WT; takeaway & beer.

I wish you all a happy & peaceful new year

Comment

Either that, or gonna take the gf for a long drive, and watch the fireworks from a nice quiet distance.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                                but I have the flu!
                                Same here man. Gutted been like it for a week.

Not a new year fan though. Maiko loves it but only in japan. Her family all go to the local temples and they all have a laugh and a drink at home.

Was gonna cook a lovely meal but my coughing wakes up little Selphie so im stuck in the bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X