Tattoo Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
    When you getting it done, fish? I've had a few since my last few posts but no decent pics.
    Well i just got back from a few weeks backpacking Europe so i'm mega skint at the mo. But soon as ive got the reddies its going on getting this done. Still at least its something to look forward to

Post some pics of your new ones when you can too.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
      To those who have had it done. What's the inside of the arm (bicep area) like?
      Both when getting inked and healing afterwards?
      I have 4 tattoos in that area, including two that go to right near the pit (either arm), and, I remember thinking, that is going to be really sensitive, honestly, its really easy, tattoo and healing.

Comment

My next tattoo is going to be a 'ships wheel' on my elbow, the inspiration came from the stunning Angelique Houtkamp, although a google search shows the design is not uncommon.

Comment

Got my other elbow done. Ouch, hurt way more than my right elbow...after an early little disccusion in this thread, I was convinced it wouldn't hurt (Thanks Ikobo! )

This hurt loads...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
          Last edited by ShadowDancer; 08-01-2011, 14:13.

Comment

What if you get bored of a tattoo? Or all of your tattoos? Maybe in 20 or 30 years even. (genuine question)

Comment

I've been reading tattoo literature and books/magazines since I was a kid. I honestly love the look of tattoos, and when they fade and look as one.

I'll never be bored of my tattoos, or looking at others. Ever.
              Last edited by ShadowDancer; 08-01-2011, 14:47.

Comment

Been thinking recently of taking the plunge and getting my first tattoo.

Thinking of this:

厄払い

Which says "Yakuharai" which can be translated as: good riddance / exorcism / cleansing from evil. Unless I'm mistaken. Any Japanese readers want to clarify for me?

Thinking of getting it done on my left inside forearm so that if I ever feel down about what has happened recently I can look down and remember that I'm better of now than I was before.

Comment

I personally like the idea and sentiment. Would make a nice tattoo.

Just go with what you said, and get someone to 100% confirm the meaning.

Keep going teddy..

Comment

I'd be very wary about getting any writing, get the translation confirmed from as many sources as you can!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                      I'd be very wary about getting any writing, get the translation confirmed from as many sources as you can!
                      Aye. Better to be mega-safe than sorry. I've sent the image to my old Japanese tutor so hopefully he'll confirm what everything else has said.

It was just going to say "Good Riddance" but couldn't pick a decent font.

Comment

This thread has been quiet for a while. so.....

Did a six hour session yesterday, all hand poked again.

Comment

Excellent, that's all coming together really well mate. I'm going to have my back started once summers gone.

Comment

i'm currently working through ideas of what I'd like my sleeve to be like, I'm loving the biomech, but for some reason I keep coming back to images of Colossus, I love the idea of my arm basically being like colossus' still not 100% as I think there needs to be more in the way of muscle striation to make it a bit more involved, the hand of the last picture is is what i'm getting at mixed in with the sculpturing on the forearm of the first picture... still maybe when I finally get upto the tattoist and see what he thinks we can work something out.. he's big into biomech and loves H. R. Giger, so I know it will be the business... also The Guyver keeps cropping up but i'm struggling on getting detailed images at the moment..

Last edited by chojin; 22-07-2011, 13:40.

Comment

Hand Poked Ow....I've had my arms turned into old skool full sleeves with hand poked dots and 5 prong stars.

I say ouch...as all the dots are poked!! I did a 7 hour session to finish my arms. 3 pieces of flash (Panther, Rose and Cherry) and the dots and stars through the gaps.

I've got both shins finished now...I'll get some pics up soon.

Nice pics Gradius.

Comment

I'm still gathering up my courage to get one done maybe next year once I get the right design. I want something to remember my cats by but also to have it fierce looking so I have been wanting a tribal panther design, have googled it plenty for ideas and I will go roughly by what I have found and mock my own one up on Illustrator.
                                Like I said though...first I need to man up lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X