No announcement yet.

Cage Fighting/MMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been brewing for days, so pleased Dana has put morals before money for the first time ever. Jon Jones stripped of title and suspended, hope his drug taking sorry ass get put in jail. He's been a right twat at times over the last couple of years and UFC have tried to gloss over it, too much pressure to do something this time around.

You can't hit and run from an accident where a pregnant woman breaks her arm, run back to the hire care in your name for a bundle of cash and expect to get away with it. Tit.

The UFC has stripped Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title and suspended the 27-year-old indefinitely as a result of his alleged involvement in a hit-and-run accident on Sunday.

Comment

I don't expect all fighters to be role models (how boring would that be) but Jones is just a dick. He's got no excuses, he hasn't had a hard life or anything, the guy has had all the advantages in life yet has no humility at all - it's embarrassing as MMA at it's core has lots of values regarding respect, doing the right thing etc.

People keep calling him 'a kid' too I've noticed. He's 28 ffs.

Comment

UFC 187 spoiler from last night below

Awful quality clip but could watch this time and time again. Johnson looked like he didn't even want to come out for the third round. Funny to see Fertita smiling in the background at DC's "interview"

Comment

187 was a brilliant event. Every fighter brought it. Cormier looked superb. Arguably second to Jones but deserving nonetheless.

Comment

Yes best event for a while. Can't wait for the Aldo/McGregor fight in about six weeks time.
            Think Cormier would really push Jones if there ever was a rematch, first time around he was so over hyped/emotional etc etc. Just needs to let his fighting do the talking.
            What a tit Bader was in the after fight interview also, excellently put down by Cormier though, how Bader think's he's title shot worthy amazes me.

Comment

Karma, bitch.

Worth a watch even if you're not a MMA fan - some good editing of interviews etc for the ultimate fail.

On another note, I wouldn't mind some of McGregors "million dollars a second" pay check for the Aldo fight.
              Rumoured $16M for 13 seconds work, not bad going.
              Last edited by VR46; 16-12-2015, 07:58.

Comment

I'm not so much into the beating each other up thing but that McGregor fight was all over my Twitter and Facebook. How was that not a guy taking a dive? Thing is, I went googling it to see if others thought so too and unearthed a whole bunch of predictions from November that the dude would be paid to take a dive. I don't know much about it... is it scripted like wrestling?

Comment

Haha,no. No its not.

Comment

It's not no, but the UFC so have their cash cows (PPV wise etc), like Rousey used to be and McGregor currently is.

Aldo just got sloppy, he has been a great champion and unbeaten in ten years, really hope he gets a rematch and change to have a proper fight.

Rousey, she can just f-off to movies end of. Though would like to see Holm really take her apart for five rounds...

Comment

DT - take a read of this well written article. It'll put to bed any notions that the fight was fixed.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it fits. It just seemed like there wasn't enough power in the blow that took him down. His own punch at pretty much the same moment seemed to hit harder. But yeah, goes with the patterns that article describes.

Comment

I can tell you from personal experience that a tap in just the right place will knock you clean out. Doesn't need to be hard.

Comment

Which is exactly what McGregor said in the post fight interview.

"Timing will beat power, technique will beat speed"

Though I may have mixed up those four words somewhat you know what I'm saying.

Pleased to see Nate Diaz fight last weekend, both Diaz's are pricks but entertaining to watch and Nate has some great boxing skills.

Roll on Lawler vs Condit on 2nd Jan, that should be a decent scrap.

Comment

Note to McGregor:

Don't give up your back when you are on the mat in defense mode. You will get owned.

And to think Connor was saying he would run straight through this division.

It'll be interesting to see when/if other fighters get him on the mat, how his ground game holds up in the future.

Dissapointed for HH, the unofficial fight scores had her winning all the 4 rounds. Goes to highlight that no matter how far you are ahead in the fight, it means nothing if someone puts a rear naked choke on you. At least HH tried to carry on till she went unconscious, unlike McGregor (not that it helped her, but hey!).

Comment

I saw it coming with McGregor. I think he was way too confident going into the match and it came to haunt him. Doing silly kicks and turning his back on Diaz.

Comment

Working...
                                X