Olympics 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Funny you should say that, for me, the Olympics has cemented my dislike for football.

The difference in sportmanship is staggering.
    Nice for the kids to have some sporting heroes other then overrated footy players too. That's coming from someone who plays and loves footy.

Comment

Funny you should say that, for me, the Olympics has cemented my dislike for football.

It's amazing to hear all the sportspeople who even straight after their event appear intelligent, dedicated, grateful and really polite! That's something you can't say is the case for footballers.

Comment

Lightening Bolt............

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          It's amazing to hear all the sportspeople who even straight after their event appear intelligent, dedicated, grateful and really polite! That's something you can't say is the case for footballers.
          When I unfortunately watched the penalty shootout with Korea, I was a little surpirsed at all the booing when Korea stepped up. I thought it might be different at the Olympics.

(contrast to the crowd in the althletics stadium clapping the long jumpers' run ups and stuff when requested)

Comment

Not just at the football - when I was at the volleyball last week the Brazilian fans (of which there were many) were booing the American team at times which surprised me somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Dude, unotelly!
              unotelly.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, unotelly.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Watch it on iplayer.
              Can I just say that this is bloody great and a massive thank you. I've even got it setup through a silver UK xbox live account so now I can watch it on my projector. Awesome! Cheers mate.

Comment

Indeed, last years Prem was the beginning of the end probably for me, looked forward to the Euro's and while there were a lot of good matches you still had the diving, rolling around in agony and berating the ref for any incident. Take a look at the women's footy for a breath of fresh air, ref blows and they just get on with it, tackles go in and they just get up and on with it.

The amount of training the guys in the Olympics have to do compared with footy players (even the tennis players have it hard compared to the top football guys) is staggering.

Comment

Did anybody see the bottle thrown onto the track just before the 100m final last night?

Well, the chump that threw it was sat to the Women's Judo bronze medallist and she punched him in the face!

A Dutch judo champion hit a man she saw throwing a bottle on to the track seconds before the Olympics 100m final.

JUDO CHOP!

Comment

I've also been really impressed by the camerawork the BBC's been doing in the coverage of the Olympics.

Here's a feature on how they covered the Aquatic Centre both above and below the water. Bit let down at the simplicity of the camera used to capture the diving though!
                    Exclusive behind-the-scenes access at the Olympic Park, showing how cameras will not miss one moment of the action.

I was also impressed in the gymnastics when they used bullet time!

Finally, I thought I was losing my mind, but I could've sworn I saw a Mini driving around the discus zone. It turns out, I wasn't losing my marbles - best job EVAH!

Comment

Maybe the BBC do the technology but don't think they control the output. On one of the events the commentators announced that they weren't in control of the pictures. Yesterday's tennis provided another example, after Murray won and went hugging, the most emotional and the one to see would be the one with his mum, but at that point the camera switched to Federer walking off. We then returned after the moment was gone - though the BBC showed it later during a recap.

Though I know at previous recent Olympics the Beeb have had their own camera at the main stadium which they use to focus on our athletes running - same in London.

Comment

Some Finnish lot do the pictures apparently...exclusive olympic partner style...but other than a few gripes with the first road race its been excellent! The BBCs extra channles/online stuff too has been great.

Agree about the football too...was all ready to go get my season ticket again after missing a year due to Mcleish being the manager. Was on my way to do it before deciding I really cant be arsed! Might change my mind during the season I spose but the overpaying/braindead fans/cattle treatment from police has all taken its toll. Plus the only cider Villa sell is Bulmers and I have to be drunk to watch the "entertainment" and Bulmers is undrinkable

Comment

See Morrissey has lost the plot, http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/m...150836831.html

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                            The BBCs extra channles/online stuff too has been great.
                            Yep, been a boon, many of us have seen sports that would normally only get a tiny bit of airtime but now you can get to see the full match or event - handball, wrestling, weightlifting etc etc.

The media player is great too, HD playback and jump to the interesting parts with athlete info and stats on tap.

The co-commentators have been great too, all in all the Beeb have done us proud.

Comment

That mini is awesome. They should auction it off on ebay after the Olympics finishes.

Comment

Wow! I found this article on some of the signals used in the Women's Beach Volleyball fascinating!

*cough*

Comment

Working...
                                X