No announcement yet.

Olympics 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What on earth I have just seen dressage on bbc2 how is the equivalent of horse dancing an Olympic sport? Is it so rich people can buy (win) gold medals too. Completely rediculous

Comment

Not that I would watch it or care too much about it but I dont understand that attitude. Its happened quite a lot on twitter etc too...some people going on like Oliver Cromwell. BURN THE RICH!!

Yes they (could be...other than Zara Philips I dont know anything about them...also when she was part of the medal winning TEAMGEEBEE 3 day eventers no-one made a fuss) but its not like they just turn up and get a medal?

Surely it takes the same amount of dedication to get to the highest level? Wether it should be in the olympics depends on your view I suppose (I dont think a few sports should be...and golf being in it next time is nonsense imo) but as it is I doubt winning gold is as easy as 'BEING RICH'.

I doubt Usain Bolt has ever done a 60 hour week in a factory either but noone minds him being loaded!

I say this as a factory electrician who regularly does btw...dont want to be first against the wall when the new style roundheads take over!

Also...I agree with you that it shouldn't be included anyway Just the Rich is Evil / Poor is righteous argument that infiltrates everything these days is so so boring. Especially when the likes of Ed Miliband who thrive on it is a millionaire too! (but my thoughts on labour is a whole other thread )

Anyway....Volley Ball! Just watched Japan vs China in the womens and it was great...had to google some things, like why one player has a different shirt on etc but it was very tense!

Comment

I don't think the rich are evil I just think that the Olympics is meant to be about Human effort, I could argue if dressage is allowed why not dog training? I am not saying they do not train I jut think it has no place in the Olympics.

My main argument with it is not the fact it only for the rich but when the cost of said entry to it is potentially in excess of ?3miion for a horse it's not exactly the type of thing everyone can do

Also if the horse does 90% of the work why is the medal awarded to the rider.

To me it's noting but Crufts with a horse (albeit a bloody expensive one) they do it in a top hat ffs can you imaging usain bolt doing the 100m in one
        Last edited by ETC; 07-08-2012, 14:53.

Comment

Yeah but one of the horses is called Damon Hill, that alone makes it good enough for me. A lot of the riders don't actually own the horses they ride on and have the fear that the horses owners will sell them to another country.

Comment

they do it in a top hat ffs can you imaging usain bolt doing the 100m in one
            I can now...its all I can think about!! He would still win too

Mans high bar final is ridiculous! Never thought I would see the chinese get schooled!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
              Yeah but one of the horses is called Damon Hill, that alone makes it good enough for me. A lot of the riders don't actually own the horses they ride on and have the fear that the horses owners will sell them to another country.
              Actually one guy (surprise surprise he is in the team) owns like 2 of the british ones

Comment

So how many golds are we going to win then?

Comment

Well that's three today so far, possible forth coming up very soon in the cycling.
                  Last edited by PeteJ; 07-08-2012, 16:30.

Comment

Holy Sheet that was close! Looks like she may have that one taken off her though

Comment

Yep, sprint has been taken away so she's got to win the next two. Her last ever event so I really hope it's gold!

Comment

Silver, massive shame

Comment

Chris Hoy is a winner, seems like the nicest and most humble man ever!! Ridiculous...he MUST have something wrong with him??

Comment

Holy sheet that was close!

Comment

Hoy Golded it again! What a crazy crazy man! It was awesome

Comment

Hoy is a legend. What a man.

Comment

Working...
                                X