No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if theres a way to transfer all my SMS texts from my current iPhone to the new one? Tempted to upgrade but dont want to lose all my messages

Comment

Doing a backup through iTunes and then a synch will do the job. I had to get a replacement iPhone soon after I first got it and that's what I had to do.

Comment

When you backup the contents of your origial phone in iTunes all that stuff will be transfered to your new phone.

Bit dissapointed about the courier service for the upgrades as I'll be away till Monday.

Comment

Looks like the site's taking a battering now anyway. I couldn't even browse the store.

I hope my order went through all right because I haven't had email confirmation yet and the browser crashed before I could save or print off the page with my order number and such. I guess it takes a while to do all these credit checks and stuff, though, especially in the volume they must be getting now.

Comment

This is really disappointing, there's also rumours now that there's no white version on offer for us!

If they would just let people upgrade instore and in person, there would be no lottery like it's become now.

Doesn't reflect well on O2 or on Apple.

Comment

Looks like they've sold out of 16gb's now. Pre-ordered mine this morning just after 9

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                Looks like they've sold out of 16gb's now. Pre-ordered mine this morning just after 9
                You had email confirmation yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
                  You had email confirmation yet?
                  Yep, straight away. Ordered mine off the Business Shop though so not sure if its processed differently to the regular shop?

Comment

Hmm, still nothing for me. Although I'm a new customer so they need to do a credit check.

Edit: I'm not alone

Comment

Did you not get ANY email from them after ordering? I'm a new customer too so imagine they will credit (and director list) check me first.

The email I received was along the lines of:

Thank you for placing an order with O2 Business Shop.
                      Your order number is: XXXXXX.

Order Details
                      -------------------------------------------------
                      Tariff
                      Small Business Frequent User with iPhone Bolt On
                      Phone
                      iPhone 3G 16GB

Comment

Nope, absolutely nothing. I can't even get to the site now either.

I'll just leave it until tomorrow when things have (hopefully) died down a bit and follow it up then. Or wait until everyone in offices isn't on lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                          Doing a backup through iTunes and then a synch will do the job. I had to get a replacement iPhone soon after I first got it and that's what I had to do.
                          Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          When you backup the contents of your origial phone in iTunes all that stuff will be transfered to your new phone.
                          Fantastic news, thanks! Guess Im gonna have to upgrade as soon as the site comes back up

Comment

Looks like the iPhone 3G is sold out at O2 and CPW already. I had no chance of a pre-order as I don't have access to my phone at work.

Comment

nice email got at 7.36
                              was not able to order online
                              was not able to order over the phone
                              no chance of getting one now
                              a completely pointless thing to register your interest and way to go to annoy your loyal customers

Comment

Still no email, but I can at least now log into the site and view the order, which shows up as 'In Progress'. That's more than I've been able to do since I placed it.

Definitely a bit of a cluster****, though. It doesn't give new customers a lot of confidence in O2's system capacity

Comment

Working...
                                X