No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They came back up about mid-day if you believe whats on The Register.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
      Was on Kiss this morning that people in Regent St had been queuing since before midnight last night. Enjoy your new toys people
      Apparently one guy paid ?50 on eBay for his place in the queue, according to BBC News!

Comment

I didn't think there was much point in joining a reasonably sized queue this morning but gave it a shot after doing some shopping and managed to get an 8Gb one as a free upgrade with no trouble. Main reason for upgrading is that its free and I use it for mobile email and web, so hopefully 3G will be a good bit faster than Edge when I'm away from wifi.

One guy had camped out from 9pm last night to get the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
          They came back up about mid-day if you believe whats on The Register.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07...iphone_launch/
          Called up the shop at 1pm to check and he said theyre still down

Comment

So when are all these mega cheap first gen models appearing for sale then lads?

sent this to Chris Field bit earlier
            .... went past O2 shop at lunchtime, Security Guard on the door, about ten staff inside … and two customers
            it's one inside a shopping centre so can't see it was open before 8.30 this morning.

Comment

It makes a nice surprise to hear someone else cocked this launch up more than we did

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG View Post
                I've been thinking about getting a case for my iphone so as not to scratch it. This seems pretty awesome...

ZAGG Brands creates tech accessories that fit your lifestyle—screen protection, tablet and iPad keyboards, power banks, protective smartphone and iPhone cases, and more. Free shipping where available.

It's a invisible shield a bit like a screen protector but several times stronger and less bulky than a case
                I bought one of those for my zune and never tried it. That wasn't really worth me posting

Comment

Well I walked into my local O2 store, tried the demo unit and walked back out. All eight of the demo units had this weird yellow tinge to the screen. I did a side by side comparison with my v1 iphone and it was way better than the 3G screen. Even the bod in o2 could tell the difference.

There is no way I could live with that. I'm hoping it either a) doesn't affect them all or b) is just a software issue.

I have just updated my v1 iphone to firmware 2.0 but the bloddy itunes store is down so I can't activate it.

Comment

is there a sim unlocked 2.0 out yet? not too fussed about the jailbroken-ness, but I have an o2 simplicity contract on a 1.4 V1 iphone

Comment

Originally posted by ne0star View Post
                      Well I walked into my local O2 store, tried the demo unit and walked back out. All eight of the demo units had this weird yellow tinge to the screen. I did a side by side comparison with my v1 iphone and it was way better than the 3G screen. Even the bod in o2 could tell the difference.

There is no way I could live with that. I'm hoping it either a) doesn't affect them all or b) is just a software issue.

I have just updated my v1 iphone to firmware 2.0 but the bloddy itunes store is down so I can't activate it.
                      You sure they didn't just have protective covers on the demo screens? My mates that got them today report no problems like that, and they both had v1 iPhones.

Just called O2 with my PAC (finally got it) and asked when it'll be posted out, got the reply "well, we've got no stock, so it'll be when we get some more in". Great then So much for my pre-order on Monday.

Comment

There was a queue at the Newcastle store near Grey's monument this morning, about twenty people.

Just out of interest, forgive the noob question, can you remove and replace the back cover on the 3g? I imagine it will still be prone to scratches, although not as bad as v1.

Comment

Finally got one! Rung around a few stores and one still had 15 in stock, so went down and got it all sorted the old fashioned way. Bloody local shop being a **** and not knowing what they were talking about this morning

But Ive now hit another wall. Cant bloody activate the thing through iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by HaHaUK View Post
                            Finally got one! Rung around a few stores and one still had 15 in stock, so went down and got it all sorted the old fashioned way. Bloody local shop being a **** and not knowing what they were talking about this morning

But Ive now hit another wall. Cant bloody activate the thing through iTunes.
                            Snap! Along with around 94 million other people by the looks of it. Apple's servers are crashing left, right and centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
                              Snap! Along with around 94 million other people by the looks of it. Apple's servers are crashing left, right and centre.
                              And to rub things in even more, theyre telling us "Make sure your network settings and connection is active", when its clearly their network connection that needs seeing to.

Comment

Guess its a similar issue affecting upgrading touches to 2.0 (my only consolation until O2 ship my phone). Get an error saying can't connect to Store (when you can, quite clearly via the regular iTunes Store link). Then the next minute you get the message saying 1.14 is the latest firmware. Try again a few minutes later and all of a sudden 2.0 is back (but can't connect).

Comment

Working...
                                X