iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
    Can anyone recommend me some cheap Bluetooth Stereo Headphones?

Don't mind about the audio quality as long as they are as good as a pair of wired that cost about 4.99 in hmv.
    No recommendations at all guys?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
      I use a Capsule Rebel iPhone case, it's the tits.
      I used to use a Capsule Rebel.. was happy with it, and it did a great job of saving my phone when I fell off my bike and landed right on top of it so I can highly recommend it for protection!

The things I didn't like about it was that it added a lot of bulk and stopped the phone from being laid flat because of the raised symbol on the back. The lip also made it hard to press the edge of the screen and to wipe it clean as easily.

Now using an Incipio Feather.. very thin and form fitting, but not really protective (will try to be more careful!).

Don't think there are many cheap Bluetooth headphones around.. I've used Sony HBH-DS970 for a couple of years and quite like them.

Comment

I'm willing to spend about 40 quid on a pair. The Sony HBH-DS970 looks perfect for me, will keep an eye out for them when i got some cash to spare.

Comment

Do any of those stereo headsets also have mic functionality? Would love to have a wireless pair, but it defeats the point a bit if you have to take them out to speak.

Comment

IPhone tariffs are up on orange

and as i thought there just as a joke os O2, so i really don't know why they bothered as its caused no competition for the device at all. Over ?500 on payg, FROff!!.

Ill be keeping my 2g until it falls apart completely, then ill repair it and repair it some more. When it finnaly gives up i think il get a HTC hero, had a play with it recently and it was a fabulous device, and free too on a contract.

Anyway rant over, rage subsiding.

Comment

I looked at the Hero as well, but I keep hearing that the internal hardware is getting on. It's also another non-solid device that won't be easy to protect... and my phones need protecting.

Comment

I have a 3GS on O2 and am very happy with it. Easily able to jailbreak it and unlock it from 5pm tonight.

I just use a hard back on my phone, as long as you don't put it in a pocket with keys then you should be fine.

Suprised that Orrange have gone with the same prices as O2 but with a much worse data usage.

If the merger with Vodafone goes through then the 3g coverage on O2 will be as good as Oranges anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  I looked at the Hero as well, but I keep hearing that the internal hardware is getting on. It's also another non-solid device that won't be easy to protect... and my phones need protecting.
                  Year ive heard the processor isnt the quickest, didn't seem notice any slowdown or chunkiness when putting it through its paces, though i didnt download any graphically intensive game to test that aspect.

Loved the little aspects like live updates on the screen from emails and texts (as well as twitter and facebook) also there was little switches on the home screen to turn stuff like wifi, bluetooth, gps andf 3g off, fantastic idea which ive always wanted on my iPhone. The on screen keyboard was quite good too, although copy and paste didnt work nearly as smothly as the iphone.

Still there some good alternatives now. However the apple whore in me will always crave an new iPhone, Dam you apple!!!

Edit, ive also heard that apple are refusing to update the google maps app with turn by turn directions too.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 03-11-2009, 12:12.

Comment

I take it O2 dont have a 750MB fair usage policy on the "Unlimited" Internet browsing?

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                      I take it O2 dont have a 750MB fair usage policy on the "Unlimited" Internet browsing?
                      When you pay the iPhone tariff with O2 the internet is unlimited as far as i know with no cap. However there simplicity plans had have a 250mb limit.

I made a compliant to orange yesterday about this, saying something is unlimited but only having limited usage does not make something unlimited, and is in fact false advertising. 750mb is sod all too when you consider all the things the device can do, just watching youtube vids while your out could easily use that limit up.

Comment

It's not "false advertising" though is it, it clearly has an asterisk which if you follow says "750mb". Almost every ISP does that "unlimited" thing now, when it's technically limited to an exact amount of bandwidth etc.

Is 750mb really that low though? Surely MOST of the downloading is done at home and only things you MUST HAVE NOW are done via the iphone itself? I may be wrong, but I can't see myself downloading nearly 1GB a month on my phone!

I am intrigued though fishbowl, what was the response when you complained?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          I can't see myself downloading nearly 1GB a month on my phone!
                          I'm the same to be honest, but as I don't have one yet I don't really have anything to gauge that opinion on.

Comment

I've got a Nokia 5800 so similar in terms of what it can do data wise. The log is telling me that it holds data fro the last 30 days. It has sent 59mb and received 949mb!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I assume that is counting all the times I'm on my wifi at home too (DLing iplayer stuff etc.) but I'm not certain.

Luckily I'm on O2 so it's unlimited

Was just in the Apple store at lunch actually playing with iphones and I'm def getting one when my contract comes up again. It's so much smoother than the Nokia, although mine can do much the same, the menus etc just work so much better on the iphone.

Comment

my 32gb 3gs is out for delivery and ?59.99 has just shown up on quidco I ordered it at 16.58 yesterday!!

re. 750mb limit... I can't see me hitting that as i queue most stuff up on my mac at home to go through the day so shouldn't be a problem... dont all t'internet providers say there is a limit etc?.. i've to this day never heard a peep from virgin media and I hammer it!

but we'll see!!

Comment

Chojin, 3GS from Orange? They aren't supposed to be available til next Tuesday? :S

Also regarding the 750 limit, seeing that the iphone has a web-browser, can't you remote access your PC and make it download stuff for you from there?

Comment

Working...
                                X