iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Is there a 64GB iPhone now then? I could have sworn that they didn't increase the capacity.

Comment

Quick question: I'm planning on upgrading my 3GS to an iphone 4 this week. When the iphone syncs to your PC and it says 'backing-up', what exactly is it backing-up? When I get my new iphone, can I just connect to my PC and it will restore everything that was on my 3GS or is that too much to hope for? I'm presuming that it will save contacts and apps but does it back-up anything else?

Thanks.
        Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

If you chose to setup your new phone from the backup of your old phone it will move everything over. So all your settings, mail, texts, apps etc will be right were you left them. You will have to re-enter wifi network passwords as you use them though.

Comment

That's awesome news. Thanks dude. One more question: I'm planning on trading in my 3GS for the iphone 4 so if I reset it to factory settings before doing so will it also reset my back-up and I'll lose everything? Cheers.

Comment

Do game saves carry over? I keep wanting to buy Chaos Rings but it's pointless starting it now if I have to start again when I get a new phone soon.

Comment

Originally posted by figflair View Post
                That's awesome news. Thanks dude. One more question: I'm planning on trading in my 3GS for the iphone 4 so if I reset it to factory settings before doing so will it also reset my back-up and I'll lose everything? Cheers.
                Just in case, reset after your final backup and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by figflair View Post
                  What you could do is back up your 3GS and then copy the backup folder to somewhere else. That way you can put it back when you get your iPhone 4, no matter what happens to the backup (though I imagine it wouldn't wipe your backup if you restore to factory settings, I still wouldn't take the chance). If you google for the backup location and your operating system, you can find where it is.

Oddly, any time I've tried to copy a backup, I've had problems but what always worked was zipping it up and then moving it.

Same with the question on the game saves - your backup will retain your saves across to a new unit. But why Apple hasn't created some sort of separate save management system is absolutely beyond me. It seems like a critical feature that's needed.

Comment

No your backup will not be deleted if you restore the phone. That would be insane.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Comment

Is there any way to to get a little number 1 or something appear on the calender icon if you've got an appointment or something that day, similar to if you've got a new text?

Comment

All you iPhone 4 owners waiting for a jailbreak, wait no further! Just jailbroke mine running iOS 4.0 (apparently works with 4.0, 4.0.1, and iPads on 3.2/3.2.1) by visiting http://jailbreakme.com, which installs Cydia then it's business as usual. Seems robust enough and most things I've tried bar mobile terminal have worked.

Comment

With all the updates in 4.0 what reason, piracy aside, is there for jailbreaking?

Add to that Apple being able to tell if you have Jailbroken the phone and it invalidating the warranty?

Comment

Tethering is a big one.

Comment

Working...
                                X