iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New problem.

Since installing the 4.0 operating software on my 3GS iphone it shudders and stutters when trying to work applications. Games like Sonic 1 and 2 used to be smooth, but now they are almost unplayable.

Does anyone have the same experience and can explain what's happened?

Comment

Somebody sad if zou go into settings and untick all of the spotlight searches that can help

Comment

Make sure you haven't got loads of apps open at once, that'll slow things down. try resetting?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
          New problem.

Since installing the 4.0 operating software on my 3GS iphone it shudders and stutters when trying to work applications. Games like Sonic 1 and 2 used to be smooth, but now they are almost unplayable.

There should be an update out shortly to 'fix' this but I thought it was really the 3G that was suffering.
          Out of interest why did you upgrade?

Comment

I've turned off all the spotlight stuff and it still is hella slow.
            I've reset it many times and rebooted it and it's still slow. Though it does get a lot slower after awhile.

Why did I upgrade? because itunes asked me to.

Comment

When iOS 4.1 comes out backup your iPhone. Then do a complete scrub from the phone settings. This will take a wee while. Then restore it from iTunes with the new OS and sync all your old stuff back to the phone. Should be like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                I've had something similar. But don't know the fix, sadly. Thankfully it hasn't made any games unplayable (other than a demo of Need for Speed), but I see it a bit more when opening Safari, as there's a few seconds of delay before it loads up the bookmarks screen (if I don't already have a tab open). If 4.1 doesn't fix it straight away, I think I'll be trying CMcK's way!

Comment

ios 4.1 out now if anyone is feeling keen...

Comment

I'm feeling keen.

Seems to have resolved much of my issue with performance, though that might just be wishful thinking. If it's still like this tomorrow I'll be a happy man.

Comment

Im trying out iOS4.1 now on my 3G to see if this reported performance boost is worth it or not... I also note they've finally started supporting bluetooth AVRCP protocol so you can use next/previous track buttons now.

This is great for me because I have a Sony bluetooth headphone adaptor which previously only worked for play/pause and my headphone socket is fcked on my 3G, it regularly disconnects and plays out of one ear.

Oh and Game Center support is slowly filtering through (Flight Control / Real Racing are up) so hopefully this is a "worthy" update if you're playing games on the device.

Comment

Bugger... since when was Game Center not for 3G?

Other than that iOS4.1 seems good for 3G users. Definitely faster... not that it was difficult. I'll wait for a jailbreak now to get Game Center on it.

Comment

Game Centre seems a stripped down version of OpenFeint at the moment. It's a crime the OpenFeint guys didn't get approached by Apple for this imho.

Oh and good lord, gonna turn that friend request sound off quick sharp!

Comment

Well OpenFeint is going multiplatform... so good for them I say. That'll bring cross platform play between Android and Apple devices!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                              Game Centre seems a stripped down version of OpenFeint at the moment. It's a crime the OpenFeint guys didn't get approached by Apple for this imho.

Oh and good lord, gonna turn that friend request sound off quick sharp!
                              Slow ugly cumbersome OpenFeint? The less I have to use that the better!

But yeah, that friend request thing is annoying, and I cannot find a way to turn it off. I swear I chose not to have notifications when I signed up.

Comment

I think you can turn the noise off in the main settings of the iPhone.

I liked OpenFeint, I'm not saying it should have been used as THE game centre, but that it could have been used as a basis and improved upon.

Comment

Working...
                                X