No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh wow. That Siri demo is amazing. Didn't really know much about it before but I'm impressed now!

Just been syncing things with my PC wirelessly which is such a great addition too. The reason I hardly ever backed my phone up as it was a hassle to plug it in so this removes that option for laziness.

The more I see it, the more iOS 5 with the iPhone 4S looks like another great addition to the Apple family. Just not sure whether to get black or white next month now.

Comment

Thing is, Siri worked just fine on an iPhone 4 before Apple bought it. Why does it now need a 4s?

Comment

So Apple can justify buying them over.

Comment

What's this siren thing? Is it only for iPhone 4?

My iPhone made a siren sound once while I was at work and it was in my pocket and on silent. Frightened the heck out of me!

Comment

It's for iOS 5. If you lose it, you can go to the icloud.com website and send a message to the phone incase someone has found it. It also makes this loud siren noise until you acknowledge the message. Quite good incase it's lost or stolen as it will show you a google map with the position of the phone.

Comment

anyone with Three what are they like and their coverage?.. I've jumped ship and gone for a 4s contract with them..

On the One plan which is more talk time and texts than I use and unlimited data for ?35, far better price than my O2 is at the moment. The phone is ?189.99 but deduct the cashback which has tracked at ?115, makes it more favourable....

Bought a tool kit, new high capacity battery and new red back housing for 3gs so I can make it wife friendly

Comment

That sounded too good to be true. So I checked it out. And it is. 24 month contract only.

Unlimited data would have been nice too. I might even change to Orange as O2 signal is craptastic where I live. Just not sure who is best for plans, especially with regards to data.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                  That sounded too good to be true. So I checked it out. And it is. 24 month contract only.

Unlimited data would have been nice too. I might even change to Orange as O2 signal is craptastic where I live. Just not sure who is best for plans, especially with regards to data.
                  O2 signal is the worst i've ever had on any phone, I very rarely get 3g constantly, my wife is on three and her xperia wipes the floor with my 3gs when it comes to loading webpages and just general browsing..

what length of contract are you looking to get?.. i pay ?35+ at the moment so to continue on that is cool with me, I should be able to keep it at that rather than the fluctation I get with o2.. this months bill came in at ?47, god knows how I mms more than anything, the all you can eat data makes things much better for me with the three...

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    @ Boris, I've got iTunes 10.5 (141), understanda all the cloud stuff it seems. iCloud not showing photos and stuff though? I don't think iCloud is ready yet.
                    My photostream is syncing between my ipad and iphone and PC. Other than backing up, I think that is pretty much all you can do with it no?

Comment

I'm with three all you can eat on ?35pm. No complaints. Depends where you live I guess though.

Boris, I'm after the email, contacts and calendar synching with iCloud. Basically I want to ditch google.

Comment

Well I've got the icloud application on my PC and that gives me the option to sync icloud without outlook for email, calenders and contacts. Is that what you need?

Comment

Where did you download the application for PC? I can't find it. And do you have you photos appear in a folder on your PC now after you take them on iPhone? That's what I want.

Comment

Yeah that's what I've got.

I dunno where it is on the apple website, but here is the one I've been using for the last week

just be warned though, when you turn it on, you cannot delete any pictures from your photostream

Comment

Also, out of interest, people who have updated via itunes today, does your phone still say Ipod or just Music now?

Mine says music, but the beta versions always did and I wasn't sure if it's because I had the final dev build installed that it still said it.

Comment

I think this is the iCloud PC download page on the Apple site- http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/pc.html

Comment

Working...
                                X